Cu Sidhe (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Cu sidhe are devious tricksters that love to torment and play tricks on anyone that travels through their domain. As with many other members of the unseelie court, cu sidhe generally prefer to harm or hinder other humanoids, but will occasionally aid people for their own amusement or gain. While they generally prefer to attack with their claws and teeth, cu sidhe in their humanoid form will often use weapons such as daggers and spears, as well as shortbows.
Named after the Elven Hounds (cooshee) they resemble in their beast forms, the cu sidhe are shapeshifting members of the unseelie court of fey that look like short, dark skinned elves with especially long ears and fluffy tails. They stand 3 to 3-1/2 feet tall and weigh 40 to 45 pounds. Their skin color ranges from dark blue to green, their hair always appears shock white with an opalescent shine to it, and their eyes can be any gem tone (though red and yellow are most common). They often wear their hair long and in various braids, though short hair is not unheard of. Cu sidhe males rarely grow facial hair, but when they do it is always well trimmed and short. Cu sidhe generally wear leather or earth tones, though they decorate their clothes with intricate stitching or fine jewelry.
In their beast form, a cu sidhe can often be mistaken for a cooshee or a worg with blueish, or greenish, black fur. Their front paws, however, more closely resemble humanoid hands, allowing them to manipulate items and weapons and cast spells with somatic components. Their long horse-like tails are always the same color as the hair from their humanoid form with multiple braids.
Cu sidhe can speak clearly in either form.
Any chaotic, usually evil.
Cu sidhe live primarily in the Feywild as well as dense jungles and forests.
Cu sidhe almost always worship gods of trickery and chaos.
- -2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom: Cu sidhe are wise and crafty creatures, but are not especially hearty.
- Small (Humanoid form): As a Small creature, a cu sidhe gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but it uses smaller weapons than humans use, and it's lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Medium (Beast form)
- Cu sidhe base land speed is 25 feet: 50 in beast form.
- Darkvision 60' in their humanoid form, 120' in beast form.
- Cu sidhe do not need to sleep.
- Immunity to mundane poisons and diseases.
- +4 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Alternate Form: As a standard action, a cu sidhe can shift between their humanoid and beast forms. This only occurs during dawn and dusk (unless levels in the racial class are taken) as a cu sidhe must stay in it's humanoid form during the day, beast at night. When shifting between forms, a cu sidhe's equipment shifts with them but is unusable in beast form unless otherwise noted. When a cu sidhe shifts to it's beast form, the following stat changes are applied: +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, and +4 to Hide. Cu sidhe can speak in either form.
- +2 Listen, Search, and Spot.
- Weapon Proficiency: Cu sidhe receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the dagger, spear, longspear, and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
- Automatic Languages: Sylvan, Elven and Goblin. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Rogue or Bard. A multiclass cu sidhe’s rogue or bard classes does not count when determining whether it takes an experience point penalty.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|350 years||600 years||1000 years||+5d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 0"||+2d4||40 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||2' 10"||+2d4||35 lb.||× (1) lb.|