Cryptoss (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Cryptoss are an offshoot race of highly intelligent, masterless Undead. As such, they tend to keep to themselves, especially where knowledge is involved. Despite this, they are very amiable. They tend to get along better with other subterranean races, such as Dwarves and Noire. Other allies are Goblins, Orcs, Trolls, Giants, Ogres, and Vespine.
 Physical Description
Most Cryptoss are between 5' 6" and 6' 0". They tend to have skin ranging from pale grey to rotting green flesh. Their hair is almost always white, with some variations occuring uncommonly. Despite their size, they tend to weigh less than other medium size races, due to their fraility. Some Cryptoss have typical Undead features, such as missing flesh, removable eye, etc.
Despite their appearance, Cryptoss tend to be very well-liked by the other races on Taresi.
Cryptoss tend to lean more towards the chaotic good alignment, due to the fact that they inherited it from their patron goddess.
The Cryptoss share the Taresi Underworld with the Noire. Most Cryptoss are centered in their home country, Cryptoss. A few Cryptoss live on the surface, usually in allied countries.
Cryptoss religion in centered around Occultia, the Cryptoss patron goddess. Occultia is leader of the Fallen Angels, the higher beings who protect the Cryptoss, as well as Goblins, Orcs, Trolls, Giants, Vespine, Noire, and Ogres.
The Cryptoss racial language is Gravespeak. All Crytposs know their racial language as well as Common. Some Cryptoss, usually high-level or very intelligent Cryptoss, also speak Vespine, Noire, and Anarchaic, the language of the Fallen Angels.
Cryptoss usually have standard, human names. Males usually have names like Mortimer, Ivan, Chester, Gregor, etc. Females names are, among others, Rottina, Elizabeth, Nancy, Necrocelia.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength: Cryptoss are very knowledgeable, but also frail.
- Humanoid: Cryptoss were originally masterless Undead, but since they've grown more civilized, they are more Humanoid than Undead.
- Medium-size: As Medium-size creatures, they gain no size bonus or penalties.
- Cryptoss base land speed is 30 ft.
- As Undead, Cryptoss do not have a Constitution Score, nor do they need to breathe, eat, or sleep. Additionally, they are subject to Rebuke and Turn Undead, and Cure spells cause them damage while Inflict spells heal them.
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, and disease effects
- Darkvision up to 60 feet.
- Weapon Familiarity: Cryptoss treat scythes as simple weapons, rather than martial weapons.
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day— Animate Dead (cannot be cast until 7th level), Speak with Dead (cannot be cast until 5th level), Spectral Hand (cannot be cast until 3rd level). Caster level = character level.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Gravespeak. Bonus Languages: Any (except secret languages).
- Favored Class: Any.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|150 years||250 years||400 years||-|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 6"||+2d10||120 lb.||× 1 lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+2d10||115 lb.||× 1 lb.|