Clothen Master (4e Class)
From D&D Wiki
 Clothen Master
|“||Fear my wrap as you fear the steel blade of a warrior.||”|
- Role: Striker. You make fast flurried strikes and avoid damage with agile movements and your uncommon proficiency of cloth.
- Power Source: Martial. You are a fast acting melee combatant, and your potency comes from your devotion to a unique martial art.
- Key Abilities: Dexterity, Constitution, Wisdom
- Armor Training: Cloth
- Weapon Proficiencies: None
- Implement: Cloth wrap
- Bonus to Defense: +1 Reflex, +1 Fortitude, +1 Will
- Hit Points at 1st Level: 12+Constitution score
- Hit points per Level Gained: 5
- Healing Surges: 6+Constitution modifier.
- Trained Skills: Acrobatics or Endurance (your choice). From the class skills list below, choose four more trained skills at 1st level.
- Class Skills: Acrobatics (Dex), Athletics (Str), Endurance (Cha), Insight (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Perception (Wis), Stealth (Dex), Thievery (Dex)
- Build Options: Brawling master, Nimble Master
- Class Features: Counter Attack, Martial Implement Mastery, Mindful Dodge, Quick Feet, Unarmed Mastery
Clothen masters are a rare form of martial artist who focus on tactical use of their cloth wrap as well as the speed to back it up. Clothen masters dart around the battlefield striking as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Many clothen masters are also master grapplers, using their draped cloth to hold the enemy in check while dealing him damage with the cloth wrap.
Most clothen masters make their own way, receiving little effect from the culture around them. Their individualistic and often simple nature makes their goals more power and improvement oriented rather than seeking gold or materials. Some are evil power hungry tyrants while others are good helpful adventures, but whatever alignment they might be, all are devoted to their art as if it was the sole reason to live.
With nothing but your body and your cloth, you excel as an adventurer just as gloriously as any armored, weapon wielding warrior, and can excel in certain skills as well as any crafty rogue.
Clothen Master Overview
|Characteristics: Your agility, speed, endurance and unique form of clothen martial arts provide the bulk of your power. You are also a very skilled class and rely on your skills to keep you alive and fighting at your fullest.|
|Religion: Clothen masters don’t usually have a religion because they favor the self taught way, but when they do they tend to favor Avandra as a good character and Asmodeus as an evil character.|
|Races: Those who are quick and nimble tend to favor the clothen master, including elves, halflings, and eladrin, although there have been some prominent dwarven clothen masters as well.|
 Creating a Clothen Master
The brawling master and the nimble master are both versions of the clothen master, one relying on power the other relying on tactics. They both still consider Dexterity, Constitution, and Wisdom as key abilities.
 Brawling Master
A brawling master comes to the battle field armed with power and martial force. He likes to put his energy into fierce unarmed attacks, and still has the dexterity for fantastic precision. Because of your training, dexterity controls your attacks and damage making it your most important ability score. You will want to have your constitution a close second as you depend on it for your sturdieness. The brawling master definately takes advantage of the benefits the cloth provides, but tends to focus on it less in combat. Instead he devotes his study to the power and force that can come from agile, well placed strikes.
- Suggested Feat: Iron Fist (Human Feat:Toughness)
- Suggested Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Endurance, Intimidate, Perception
- Suggested At-Will Powers: bash, coupled blows
- Suggested Encounter Power: flurry of fists
- Suggested Daily Power: stunning strike
 Nimble Master
The nimble master focuses on sly, quick attacks and well thought out maneuverability. They strike quick and fast, and although not as powerful as a brawling masters, their hits occure far more often because they are swinging so fast. Dexterity is most important to a nimble master because it governs their attacks and damage. Next comes which is important to make tactical movements around the battle field as well as to trick and confuse the opponent. A nimble master must also keep his constitution high to stay alive in the melee combat that he thrives on.
- Suggested Feat: Clothen defense (Human Feat:Weapon Focus)
- Suggested Skills: Acrobatics, Insight, Perception, Stealth, Thievery
- Suggested At-Will Powers: agile strike, coupled blows
- Suggested Encounter Power: wrapping grapple
- Suggested Daily Power: blinding assault
 Clothen Master Class Features
All clothen masters share these class features.
- Counter Attack
Once per encounter, you are able to make a single basic unarmed attack as an immediate response to an enemy successfully dealing you damage (even if the enemy hasn’t finished his turn). At 11th level you are able to make three counter attacks per encounter and at 21st level you are able to make one per round.
- Martial Implement Mastery
Clothen masters are known for their unarmed combat prowess, but they aren’t as unarmed as some think. They drape one long strand of cloth around their bodies while tightly wrapping their fists, elbows, feet, and knees (often in an artistic form). A clothen master who is draped in cloth gains an unarmed weapon proficiency of +4. You may treat this wrap as cloth armor as well as a kind of weapon, and can attain magical cloths in the form of both armor and weapon.
- Mindful Movement
Because of his devotion and training without the obstruction of armor, a clothen master is able to attribute his mental awareness to combat, adding his wisdom modifier to his armor class.
- Unarmed Mastery
Because clothen masters don’t use the classic weapons, they naturally have become quite proficient in the art of unarmed combat. They can proficiently fight with any significantly hard part of their body, and a Clothen Master’s unarmed damage is 1d6 verses the 1d4 damage of those that don’t have this ability. A clothen master uses dexterity for his unarmed attacks and damage.
 Clothen Master Powers
Your powers are quick and decisive exploits that rely on your speed, your training, and your wits. Some powers are more strategic and go good with the nimble master while others are more powerful, being favored by the brawling warrior. However, you are free to create your own combinations. (You can find a clothen masters powers here.