Classes (Zyanya Supplement)
From D&D Wiki
1. All paladins must have a patron deity that is either Lawful Good or Samad.
2. Paladins also get a bonus feat every four levels (1, 5, 13, 17). These feats must be from the divine list (PHB - Combat casting, extra turning, Complete Divine – Augment healing, Empower turning, improved smiting, quicken turning, elemental smiting, sacred boost, true believer, consecrate spell, sanctify relic, Exalted Deeds – Ancestral relic, resounding blow, subduing strike, celestial mount, exalted smite, exalted turning, gift of grace, hands of a healer, nimbus of light, holy radiance, stigmata, ranged smite evil, sacred vows, sanctify martial strike, touch of golden ice, purify spell.).
3. When a paladin gains a mount, they have the feat mounted combat, in regards to that mount only. They gain additional feats in regards to their special mount as follows – 7th – ride by attack, 11th – trample, 14th – spirited charge.
1. Increase skill points per level from 2+int to 4+int. Since a Shadowcaster often needs to split points between int, wis and cha, they can't get all of their skills with that huge int bonus like a Wizard can. The small boost gives them some more versatility without turning them into gish rogues.
2. Increase BaB from poor (1/2 progression) to medium (3/4) progression, as the Cleric or Rogue. Their spells don't have the raw power of a Wizard, and they tend towards closer range spells and melee-range battlefield control, so it follows that they would have a bit more combat training.
3. Increase mysteries gained from 1 every level to 1 at even levels and 2 at odd levels. This gives them a total at level 20 of 30 mysteries, rather than 20. Once more, we're focusing on giving the Shadowcaster more versatility as a controller class. They'll never have as much raw oomph as a regular arcane caster, but they can at least keep a few extra tricks up their sleeves.
4. Grant bonus mysteries per day based on Charisma. These would work just like bonus spells. For instance, if your Cha is 14, you can cast one extra mystery of 1st-level equivalent and one of 2nd-level equivalent per day. (Note that each mystery does give an equivalent level, even though you don't learn them by level.)
5. Charisma determines the DC to save against your mysteries. Intelligence determines the highest level mystery you can cast.
|Saving Throws||Special||Spells per Day|
|1st||+0||+0||+0||+2||Ethereal Sight, Greater Learning||3||1||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|6th||+3||+2||+2||+5||Object Reading 1/day||5||3||3||2||—||—||—||—||—||—|
Class Skills (6+Int modifier per level; ×4 at 1st level)
Ethereal Sight - Can see into the ethereal at will
Augury - As the spell
Prediction - Using a talisman, the character can make a prediction about a certain focus person or item. These predictions are usually cryptic. The type of talisman must be chosen at character creation (mirrors, runes, bones, tarot cards, smoke, entrails, etc..). If using a permanent talisman (mirrors, tarot cards, etc…), if the item is talisman, it takes one week to 'attune' to a new talisman. 'Disposable' talismans (herbs burned to make smoke, entrails) cost 10gold each time they are used. The talisman also functions as a focus item, similar to a holy symbol, for spell casting.
Object Reading - By touching an item, the character can provide information about the item's history.
Scry - As per the spell.
Greater Learning - Can choose an additional spell to add to the spellsheet. Spell cannot be a higher level than what you can currently cast. Each time you gain this ability, you can lose the spell learned previously and pick a new one, provided it is from the same school as the forgotten spell.
Wisdom Based - Spontaneous Divine Caster
Detect Secret Doors
Omen of Peril
Protection from Evil
Chain of Eyes
Contact Other Plane
Rary's Telepathic Bond
Zone of Relevation
Find the Path
Glyph of Warding, Greater
Hide the Path
Arcane Sight, Greater
Guards and Wards
Make Manifest, Mass
Moment of Prescience
Prying Eyes, Greater