Child of Trigon (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
There are a few ways that a child of Trigon could act. One who embraces her heritage will display aggressive, violent, and destructive tendencies. They often express one of the deadly sins, and tend to bring out the worst in those around them. They will always seek power.
Alternatively, some fight against their heritage, and would rather see their father destroyed for the good of everything. The few children like this are taught to control their emotions, or learn on their own. The most notable among these was Raven, who studied under Azoth, and is the only single entity capable of defeating her father in battle.
 Physical Description
A child of Trigon will exhibit the characteristics of another race, depending on the race of the mother. The main difference being a greyish skin color. In times where she is in communication with Trigon, or when he grants her power, four glowing, red eyes manifest themselves, mirroring her father's. All children of Trigon display a small, red crystal on their forehead.
Little is known of the children of Trigon, and no one without personal experience with his more aggressive spawn will think twice when they see one. Some people express concern with the greyed skin, however.
A child embracing her father's powers will always be evil, but never lawful. A child fighting her father's power will always be good or neutral, and are sometimes chaotic.
Being literal children of a god, few find need of religion. Those who embrace their father do not worship him, as they are inherently evil and always plot against him, while simultaneously displaying loyalty and servitude. Such treachery actually brings pride to their father.
Automatic: The language(s) their mother's race speaks, and Abyssal. Bonus languages: Draconic and infernal, in addition to the bonus languages of her mother's race.
 Racial Traits
- Choose a humanoid race to be your mother's race. She must be a medium humanoid, the most common being human or elf. Your mother's race determines your appearance, physical ability, and languages learned.
- +8 Intelligence, +8 Charisma: Trigon imbues his children with powerful minds, and inherent power.
- Mother's type (Must be a medium humanoid)
- base land speed is dependent (and the same as) your mother's race
- Racial Hit Dice: A Child of Trigon start with 10d8 HD, a Base Attack Bonus of +4, and Saving throws of Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, and Will +4.
- Trigon's blessing (Ex): Trigon is always watching, and speaking with, his children. A child who embraces him gains Trigon's blessing. They automatically become either neutral evil or chaotic evil, regardless of anything, and manifest the four red eyes characteristic of Trigon. These eyes grant +4 to intimidate, -2 to diplomacy, and -2 to bluff, and grant permanent true seeing effect. Someone with Trigon's blessing can cast an extra spell or psionic power they know for free once per day. However, Trigon only gives power so that he can gain power himself. If this child should ever die, Trigon will reclaim her body, power, and soul, to strengthen himself. After she dies, Trigon begins the process. After d6 days, her body and soul is reclaimed by her father, and she cannot be resurrected. Neither wishes, magic, nor divine intervention can change this once it happens.
- Trigon's curse (Ex): Trigon is always watching, and speaking with, his children. A child which fights against her father is always haunted by her father's voice, which becomes stronger with her emotions. To fight him, the child must meditate for one hour as soon as she wakes up, or make an immediate will save (DC20). If she fails to make the save, or her meditation is interrupted for more than 5 minutes, her emotions cause her to fall to Trigon's will, and she immediately gains Trigon's blessing until the next time she sleeps and meditates, at which point she returns to normal.
- Spell-Like Ability: A child with Trigon's blessing can use their father's power to lash out against a single creature, dealing 1d6 +1d6/character level. Caster level is the same as character level. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Psi-Like Ability: A child with Trigon's curse can use their power to shield themselves or an ally from 1d6 +1d6/character level damage as a free action, protecting them from harm. Caster level is the same as character level.
- Automatic Languages: Abyssal, mother's. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Infernal, mother's.
- Favored Class: A child who embraces her father will often become a powerful sorcerer, using powerful charisma and wild emotions to wreak havoc on their enemies. A child who fights Trigon's influence will often become a psion, utilizing intellect to avoid strong emotions and strengthen their resolve.
- At any time, a child who embraces Trigon can choose to instead fight his influence. To do so, they must make an immediate Will save (DC 30), and their morning meditation will save is a DC 25. It is very hard to fight his power after you have reveled in it.
- Similarly, any child who fights Trigon can instead choose to embrace him. There is no roll for this. Trigon has always drawn you to him, and succumbing to his will if far easier than fighting it. You immediately gain Trigon's blessing.
- Level Adjustment: +1
 Vital Statistics
ALL TABLE VALUES ARE THE SAME AS THE MOTHER'S RACE ALL TABLE VALUES ARE THE SAME AS THE MOTHER'S RACE ALL TABLE VALUES ARE THE SAME AS THE MOTHER'S RACE
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|