Charr, revised (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The charr are an technological advanced cat-like race whose history is filled with war. A typical Charr only appreciates four things in life: Good meat, a fine made blade, whiskey and killing.
Charr are giant humanoid cats with the size and weight of a large bear. The color of their fur may be anything on the black-white scale and on the range between brown-orange-yellow. A Charr's eye color is most commonly Amber or red. Charr are also recognized by their horns, large tails and four ears.
The Charr have respect towards great hunters like half-giants and such other great folk. They call humans "mouse" and everything that reaches under 6 foot is to be called meat.
Seeing that the Charr have a heavy militaristic mindset and are ill-tempered, they are often mistaken for Lawful Evil. The truth is that a Charr may be of any alignment. Though Good aligned Charrs are rarely seen.
Charr mostly inhabit the same lands as humanoids, preferring grass lands with medium forest sizes and an occasional field, though they have no problems adapting to rough situations due to their fur.
The Charr have no gods, instead they have a military hierarchy as following:
- Khan-Ur (supreme leader of the Charr)
- Imperator (Leader of a legion)
- Tribune (sub-leaders of a legion)
- Centurion (commander of a few warbands)
- Legionnaire (leader of a single warband)
- Soldier (part of a warband)
- Gladium (Charr without warband, must join a (new) warband, until further notice does not even get respect from a cub)
The four Legions are:
- Ash (stealthy)
- Blood (full frontal combat)
- Iron (engineering)
- Flame (magic)
- Flame Legion is the Legion that is shunned / hated. Lore-wise it would not be advised to choose this Legion.
A Charr's Legion does not restrict his options of class.
The charr get their names from their parents and their surnames from their warband. As a cub they get taken away from their birth givers and train with other cubs who grow to become a warband. A Charr may also have a title as a surname.
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -4 Charisma: Charr are tough on the battlefield and show no fear or compassion.
- Monstrous Humanoid: Charr are large horned cat-like creatures who stand on two legs.
- Charr base land speed is 40 feet: 50 feet on all fours.
- Scent: Charr have a keen sense of smell.
- Darkvision: See in pitch-black up to 60ft.
- Fearless: +2 on saves vs fear.
- Intimidating: +2 on intimidate.
- Relentless: Charr always have the trait Relentless (+2 on saves vs. tiring. If fail exhausted rather than fatigued)
- Weather Hardened: Charr have a rather thick fur which protects them from harsh environmental effects found in (high) mountains, deserts and jungles, though when moving through these areas they have a movement penalty of -10 ft.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Charr.
- Favored Class: Ranger, Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +1
- Depending on which Legion you choose:
- Ash Legion: Gain Stealthy feat, Hide, Move Silent and Open Lock become class skills
- Blood Legion: Gain Quick draw feat, Balance, Tumble and Intimidate become class skills.
- Iron Legion: Gain Rapid Reload feat, Knowledge:Engineering and Knowledge:Architecture become class skills and gain +1 on all Craft skills.
- Flame Legion: Gain Eschew Materials feat, Knowledge:Arcana, Use Magic Device and Spellcraft become class skills (you can choose Flame Legion, though Flame Legion Charr are usually shunned or killed on sight)
-Reason for editing: updated accordingly to new revision-