Charm Person (2.5e Spell)
From D&D Wiki
 Charm Person
- Level: 1
- Range: 12"
- Duration: Special
- Area of Effect: One Person
- Components: V,S
- Casting Time: 1 Segment
- Saving Throw: Allowed
This spell will affect any single person it is cast upon. The person then will regard the Mage who cast the spell as a trusted friend and ally to be heeded and protected. The spell does not enable the Mage to control the charmed persons as if it were an automaton, but any word or action of the Mage will be viewed in its most favorable way. Thus, a charmed person would not obey a suicide command, but might believe the Mage if assured that the only chance to save the Mage's life is if the person holds back an onrushing red dragon for "just a round or two". Note also that the spell does not empower the Mage with linguistic capabilities beyond those he or she normaly possesses. The duration of the spell is a function of the charmed person's intelligence, and it is tied to the saving throw. The spell may be broken if a saving throw is made, and this saving throw is checked on a periodic basis according to the Person's intelligence.
- Intelligence Score: _____________ Period Between Checks
- 3 or less ______________________________________ 3 Months
- 4 to 6 _________________________________________ 2 Months
- 7 to 9 _________________________________________ 1 Month
- 10 to 12 _______________________________________ 3 Weeks
- 13 to 14 _______________________________________ 2 Weeks
- 15 to 16 _______________________________________ 1 Week
- 17 _____________________________________________ 3 Days
- 18 _____________________________________________ 2 Days
- 19 or More _____________________________________ 1 Day
If the Mage harms, or attempts to harm, the charmed person by some overt action, or if a Dispel Magic is successfully cast upon the charmed person, the charm will be broken automatically. The spell affects all Mammalian persons.