Chaos Planes (3.5e Environment)
From D&D Wiki
The Chaos Plane is never the same for more than a month. One day it could be like the Material Plane the next day like the Abyss. The ever changing Plane Of Chaos is also where the deity Dhyn Ktonos likes to live as there he can think hard of whether the world deserves a second chance. The changing plane are a very hard place to understand as peoples moods, just like the place, are always changing. These people may never leave (but you can if you don't stay there to long yourself). The changing of the plane is controlled by Dhyn Ktonos (and the Dukes and Dutches) and should something disturb or anger him the whole plane knows!
- Gravity: Changes as it is willed but is usually the same as the Material Plane so that the inhabitants may.... survive.
- Time: Time is very different here. It is always changing putting you in front or behind the Material Plane. This means the year might be 1283 and you go to the Chaos Plane for a day and when you come back it's 1426! Note: This is just an example.
- Size: The Chaos Plane is, like the Material Plane, never ending.
- Morphic: The Chaos Plane orbits all other planes and produces, when it wants, its own Ethereal and Shadow Plane.
Magic, Alignment, and Energy/Elemental Traits
- Elemental Dominance: There is no elemental dominance unless it changes into one of the six Elemental Planes or anything that has a dominating element.
- Energy Dominance: None unless it changes so that it has one.
- Alignment Trait: There is no base alignment unless it becomes under the control by one of the Dukes and Dutches of a particular alignment.
- Magic Trait: It is as magical as Dhyn Ktonos wants it to be and can, if Dhyn Ktonos wills, make spells quadruple and higher there effects or make them equally as weak. The ruling Duke and Dutches can also change the magical traits to make their alignment stronger.
The plane may allow or deny you access to it and deny or grant you departure. It is not linked directly to any plane and Dimension Doors only work for a short time (20 Minutes).
Inhabitants change just as rapidly and abruptly as the plane itself. They can change physically (e.g. Human to a Solar) and mentally (e.g. Nice to Mean)! There is, although, only 18 inhabitants that don't change with the plane. These are the Dukes and Duchesses of the different alignments. All will try and get their own alignment into power and the other out. No Duke may die while another lives and visa versa for any Duchess but Dhyn Ktonos has his say and is, well, like an overriding system that overrides all other things and makes them the way he wants.
Movement and Combat
Combat and movement would work the same way as it does on the Material Plane unless the plane changes to mimic another plane.
Features of the Plane
The plane has only one distinguishing feature that never changes.... the Planar Metropolis of Trelao Zhal'essuk. Every thing else on this plane changes and all the inhabitants along with it.
You can encounter everything depending on what the plane has taken the for of. The encounter could also change if your fighting when the plane changes.
This plane will sometimes bump into other planes creating rifts between the planes for up to 6 months. This can be very devastating if it happens to the Material Plane (although it will never get there until Dhyn Ktonos decides whether or not humanity should die which is a huge argument and will take billions of years to answer).
Please take tables for encounters end environment form the plane it has taken the form of.