Cetra (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Cetra act like normals humans, except that they spend time each day to listen to the Planet. They do so by going to a place of particular solitude, a place special to them, usually that no one else knows of. Here, they do something simple, like tending flowers or watching the stars, or they do nothing at all, but hear the Planet.
Cetra look exactly like normal humans, but their ears may have a slight point, like those of an elf, and their hair may be exceptionally long, even that of males.The eyes of a Cetra are always green and have a glow to them to signify the lifestream running through them.
Cetra believe all living things are sacred, that everything is part of the lifestream. They hold no prejudices, but a very few have low respect for regular humans. This lack of respect stems from their traditional story of the original Cetra, who traveled the Planet, searching for the promised land. In this story, some lazy Cetra lost hope and settled into villages, which became cities. These lazy Cetra became regular humans, losing their connection to the Planet.
Cetra tend to be Neutral Good or True Neutral.
Cetra are travelers of the Planet, helping life to blossom wherever they go. They search the planet for the Promised land, a land of fertility and joy.
Cetra believe in the Lifestream and the Planet. They believe all living things come from, interact with, and will return to the lifestream. They believe that traveling the Planet and helping it to grow and heal and thrive will lead them to the Promised Land, where they an settle and live out their days in peace and ease.
Cetra speak the Language of the Ancients. This language is akin to Draconic, but far enough removed as to be distict and separate.
Cetra choose their names like Humans, often favoring Elven names.
- +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution: Cetra are wise and in touch with nature and their surroundings, and are very easy to communicate with, but usually have untrained bodies.
- Humanoid (Human): Cetra are the ancient ancestors of current-day humans.
- Medium: Cetra gain no bonuses nore have any penalties due to their size.
- Cetra base land speed is 30 feet.
- One with the Planet (Ex): Only when the Cetra is in a natural, aboveground environment on the Prime Material Plane, on the original planet they were born, Cetra gain a +1 bonus on all checks and rolls. This means that never in any developed area, like a village or city, can the Cetra receive this benefit. In addition, a Cetra can cast Commune with Nature once per day with a caster level equal to one half his or her level (minimum 1). This spell-like ability is not restricted by their location.
- One with the Lifestream (Ex): When Cetra die, they become one with the ever flowing current of life and energy within the Planet know as the lifestream. This makes them terribly difficult to resurrect. The caster of any spell used to resurrect a Cetra must succeed on a caster level check against DC 30 or the spell fails instantly.
- 1 extra feat at 1st level.
- 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Language of the Ancients. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Ranger.
For the purposes of age categories, aging, aging effects, height, and weight, treat Cetra as a human.