Catgirl, Arctic (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 Arctic Catgirl
The arctic landscape has a few outposts of civilization here and there where catgirls can live together with other races for mutual company and protection. Unlike in warmer climates, where catgirl mothers must struggle to find their daughters a foster home, in the arctic areas their talents are highly prized, and often they can take their pick of foster parents, knowing that not just the specific family, but the community as a whole will look after their new member.
Arctic catgirls are more serious than their relatives on warmer climates. Efficiency in word and deed is vital to survival in the harsh arctic regions, and catgirls quickly evolved to adopt such into their behaviour, in order to be accepted as worthy members of their adopted communities. They may be the sole exception to the overall playfulness that characterizes the race, eagerly working for the overall benefit of the communities in which they inhabit.
Arctic communities must move constantly just to survive, and as such adventuring comes naturally to the catgirls in their midst. Those who dislike the constant struggle often travel far from their native lands in search of comfort.
 Physical Description
Arctic catgirls tend to have long white manes of hair and small ones around their wrists and ankles. They have a silken soft, brief layer of white fur all over their ebony black skin that keeps them warm so efficiently that they run the risk of overheating if left under the sun for too long, even in the middle of the arctic winter. What little clothes they wear usually have the purpose of blocking sunlight, as to prevent the catgirl from fainting from sunstroke. They carry little to no jewelry or ornaments, and usually carry just what they need to survive besides their lineage scrolls. Even exceptionally athletic members of the race tend to have a heavier frame and larger breasts than others of their kind, and it’s been theorized that this is because of a need to carry fat as an emergency food supply.
Arctic catgirls carry a wide variety of skills that make them extremely useful, if not prized to the arctic communities. As such, they are easily welcomed into a settlement, and usually well treated by any humanoid settlement hoping to make them stay. Alignment: Because they grow up on foster homes, catgirls tend to adopt the dominant alignment of the region they inhabit.
Meaningful Gestures: Catgirls in-character typically exhibit a more cat-like attitude, and may sometimes include cat gestures or sounds in communications. Thus, appropriate use of such will enrich the characterization of a Catgirl.
- Purr - An expression of pleasure or comfort.
- Hiss - An expression of displeasure or anger.
- Snarl - An expression of aggression.
- Low-pitch Growl - An expression warning. "You don't want this."
- Strong Sigh - An expression of frustration in the form of a strong sigh or an exhaled snort.
- Meow - Comes in a variety of sounds, with meanings of broad variation. Commonly used for communication with outside creatures, or when body language is not viable. The following examples are the most commonly used, and can vary from one breed to another.
- "Greeting" Meow - A low meow or chirp, possibly with simultaneous purring; a happy hello.
- "Attention" Meow - An expression of desire for attention.
- "Hunger" Meow - An expression of desire for food.
- "Outside" Meow - An expression of desire for fresh air. Usually an extended meow accompanied by a nose point.
- Chirping Meow - An expression of predatory anticipation.
- Chattery Meow - An expression of frustration.
- Wailing Meow - An expression of distress. In older Catgirls it is a panicky repeated meow.
- Caterwaul - A vocal exclamation of sexual heat. Rarely used in standard campaigns, but some Adult campaigns might find this applicable.
- Insistent Meowing - An meow in response to another creature's vocalizations. Borders on conversational, except it's usually just repeating the same line. Used as a form of self-entertainment (when bored) and also for expressing insistence when they want something.
- Eye Gestures
- Staring - Asserting and threatening. If visual eye-to-eye contact is made, this is seen as a return of the assertion. Blinking during this is a reassurance that there is no dispute. Breaking eye contact and looking away is a sign of respect. Avoiding even making eye contact is an attempt to avoid the conflict.
- Fluttering Eyes - Expressing complacence, or just being in a sleepy mood.
- Partially Closed Eyes - Expressing contentedness and trust. Comfortable and trusting enough of their company to sleep. Only holds this intended meaning when they're not actually asleep.
- Fully Closed Eyes - Expressing full trust and/or contentedness. Comfortable and trusting enough of their company to sleep. Only holds this intended meaning when they're not actually asleep.
- Slow Wink - Expressing contentedness.
- Wide Pupils - Panic, uncertainty. (This goes for most races, but is still worthy of note.)
- Narrow Pupils - calmness, certainty. (This goes for most races, but is also still worthy of note.)
- "Relaxed" Casual Ears - Ears pointed forward and outward slightly, listening passively.
- Tilting Both Ears Forward "Alert Ears" - Signals focus & interest, possibly also curiosity.
- Tilting Both Ears Backward - Signals aggression or fear, can also signal possessiveness.
- Flattening Both Ears - Signals aggression and defensiveness. Flattening the ears protects them for the impending fight.
- Twitching Ears - Signals agitation or anxiousness.
- Rotating Ears - Listening in an attempt to find the source of a sound.
- One Ear Forward, One Ear Back - Ambivalence.
- "Pointing" With An Ear - Detects a sound in that direction. Seldom if ever used as an intentional signal by the character.
- Head Rub/Head Bump/Nuzzle - A cheerful greeting. The reason for the contact from the Catgirl's point of view is to mingle and share scents to create a family atmosphere and environment.
- Chin Rub/Chin Bump/Chin Nuzzle - Body language expressing territorial marking. "I like this, and this is Mine!" being the message.
- Nose-to-nose Touch - A kiss.
- Head Held Low - Aggressive posture.
- Head Held Back - Reaction in displeasure.
- Self Nose or Upper lip Lick - Natural tic expressing uncertainty, or reconsidering.
- Mouth-open Sniff - Analyzing and savoring scent signals in the air. Seldom used by truly Domestic Catgirls, but usable by all for tracking.
- Lips Retracted Bared Teeth - Full aggression.
- Yawn - Indicates stress, ambivalence, and sometimes preparedness for action.
- Gently Nibbling A Sleeper's Ear - An affectionate way a Catgirl can say "Wake up". Generally used only for those they consider close family.
- Purring Nip - An expression of playfulness.
- Nose Point - Expressing the direction of one's attention in a specific direction by "pointing" with the nose in that direction with a head swivel.
- Body Rub/Body Bump/Body Nuzzle - A cheerful greeting. The reason for the contact from the Catgirl's point of view is to mingle and share scents to create a family atmosphere and environment.
- Arched Back - A defensive or panicked stance. This is pre-fight Catgirl body language or a way of avoiding a full blown fight. It can be used as a confident or fearful expression. A confident Catgirl tries to appear larger. The Catgirl stretches her back legs fully and her back becomes arched.
- "Direct Attack" Approach - An aggressive offensive approach.
- "Sideways Attack" Approach - A defensive approach used for "Fight or Flight" mode, often used in tandem with the arched back for maximum effect.
- Falling on Side - Indicates submission, can also be indicative of being unwilling to put up a fight.
- Sprawling Out - Relaxation.
- Roll Over - An invitation to physical contact.
- Kneading - An expression of pleasure, comfort, gratitude. The act itself is also quite pleasurable for a Catgirl.
- Flick/Tap Another's Nose - A punishment for bad behavior or generally something the Catgirl does not like.
- Grooming - A familial treatment, expressing care for the beneficiary's hygiene.
- "Paw" Shake - Expression of disgust.
- Tail Bristled - Expressing rage, anger, and/or panic.
- Tail Hooked - Expressing uncertainty, but not feeling threatened.
- Upright Tail - Friendly posture.
- Upright Tail Quivering - Very pleased, possibly expectant.
- Flicking of the Tail Tip - Used when acknowledging of an individual presence, but being currently occupied and not wanting to be interrupted.
- Twitching Tail - Expressing alertness and interest.
- Thrashing Tail - Expressing excitement or potential aggression.
- Tail Swish - Expressive of a mental conflict or indecisiveness.
- Tail Between Legs - Submissive posture.
Because they are dependant on the males of other races to perpetuate their own, catgirls don’t have lands of their own, instead living within the lands of any humanoid race. Almost 99% of every birth leads to a female, and the race as a whole simply could not afford to rely on its own males.
Catgirls usually adopt the same religion of her foster parents, if any.
 Racial Traits
Arctic catgirls have all the racial traits provided for Catgirl, Domestic (DnD Race)|domestic catgirls]], with the following additions and exceptions:
- -4 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma: An arctic catgirl is smaller and not as strong as other catgirls, but she is very nimble and athletic, with a natural resilience mixed with an survivalist personality, if she is more animalistic than her cousins on warmer climates.
- Humanoid (Feline Subtype, Shapechanger)
- Small: As a small creature, a catgirl gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three quarters of those of a medium character.
- Arctic catgirl base land speed is 20 feet when walking upright and 30 when walking on all four. She also has a climbing speed of 20.
- Low Light vision: An arctic catgirl can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Cold Endurance: Arctic catgirls have a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves made to resist the effects of cold weather or exposure.
- Skills: A catgirl receives a +4 racial bonus on any Heal, Survival, and Swim skill checks, and a +8 racial bonus on Jump checks. An Arctic Catgirl can always take a 10 on these skills, even if stress or distractions would normally prevent her from doing so.
- Alternate Form (Sp): A catgirl can change form, assuming that of a normal domestic cat (page 270 Monster Manual). This supernatural ability functions like the polymorph spell, except that you can change only into a domestic cat. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 1 plus your character level. Thus a 1st level catgirl can change into a domestic cat and back again in a single day. Changing form is a full round action that provokes and attack of opportunity.
- Immunity to Transformation (Ex): If a effect such as petrification or polymorphing affects an arctic catgirl, she can choose to turn back into her normal form as a full round action (that provokes an attack of opportunity) at the beginning of her next turn, as long as she still has daily uses available of her Alternate Form ability.
- Automatic Languages: Feline and Common. Catgirls have their own language of sounds and body language that is impossible to understand without the capacity to hear higher length waves of sound, and impossible to speak without a set of flexible tail and ears. Catgirls in some regions also add the sound of accessories such as kitty bells, just to further enrich the sound of the language. Bonus Languages: Any. Catgirls mix with all kinds of folk and as such can learn any language found in an area.
- Favored Class: Ranger. A multiclass catgirl ranger class levels does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing. Arctic Catgirls are well trained in survivalist skills, and the profession of Ranger comes naturally to them.
- Level Adjustment: +1