Cait-Sith (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Cait-Sith (pronounced Kay't SHee) are Fey that resemble house cats. As with most Fey, Cait-Sith are highly magical, highly playful (if not mischivious) beings that relish the day away much like a cat would. In the Sylvan language, the word "cait" means cat, and "sith" means king. Fey and intelligent beings are aware that this fact is both title and name - almost all Cait-Sith are known to be protectors of cats, small ones and on rare occasions... big ones. While there is a small number of Cait-Sith in the world, there is actually just one to any one region. It was believed by non-Fey for centuries that there is only one Cait-Sith in existence, until one sage recounted one late night that he saw three or four Cait-Sith gathering together in what looked like a meeting.
In order to help without being noticed, Cait-Sith adopt the look of a common house cat or alley cat. When a Cait-Sith believes that there are not any intelligent beings around, it will stand on its hind paws, using its forepaws like a humanoid would use its hands. It will continue to go about its ways like this until it thinks that it is going to be noticed or it feels like pretending to be a normal cat again. In addition, most will even go about wearing normal clothes!
As few Cait-Sith have even been seen by non-Fey, let alone interacted with, there are only a handful of people that know how they treat other Cait-Sith and other beings.
Like many Fey, Cait-Sith live however they please, and for that reason, many if not all are of the Chaotic alignment. It is a unique find for a Cait-Sith to be evil without reason, but if they have ample reason (cruel beings that torture cats for example), they'll turn evil faster than you'll know.
Cait-Sith share their "territory" with many other beings while under the guise of a house cat or an alley cat. When they aren't guarding cats in their "territory", they're sometimes found in Fey-only lands or in shared lands with an extremely high Fey population.
Cait-Sith don't follow any faiths or religions. They do however pay homage to Fey Gods and Goddesses, such as Oberon, Titania, and (for evil Cait-Sith) the Queen of Air and Darkness.
Cait-Sith speak Sylvan, their natural language, and Feline as well. Feline as many would assume (and be correct about assuming) is the langauge of all felines. Much like there are variances in Common, there are variances in Feline. Anyone hearing Feline from a Cait-Sith would think it nothing more than mews, meows, and purrs.
Cait-Sith choose to have no names, but rather translate any names given to them by young Humans or Elves from Common to Sylvan.
- +4 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -4 Strength, -2 Constitution: Cait-Sith are everything that a cat is and more.
- Small Fey: As a small creature, a Cait-Sith gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a -4 size penalty to grapples, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but it uses smaller weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Cait-Sith base land speed is 20 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A Cait-Sith can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. It retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Shifting(Minor): A Cait-Sith can switch from being quadrapedal to being bipedal with hands, and back again whenever it likes. While quadrapedal, it gains a temporary base land speed bonus of +10 feet.
- Animalistic Camoflage: When attempting to fool someone into believing that it is a cat (basically looking like and acting like an actual cat), it gets a +10 racial bonus to Disguise.
- Scent (Ex): A Cait-Sith can notice creatures by scent in a 30 foot radius. Strong scents, such as smoke or rotting garbage, can be detected at twice the range. Overpowering scents, such as skunk musk or troglodyte stench, can be detected at triple the range.
- Natural Weapons (Ex): A Cait-Sith have 2 claw attacks, each dealing 1d4 damage. These claws can be extended or retracted as a free action.
- Automatic Languages: Sylvan, Feline. Bonus Languages: Common, Gnome, Elven, Halfing, and Neko.
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|200 years||325 years||400 years||+3d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2'8"||+2d4||15 lb.||× 1 lb.|
|Female||2'6"||+2d4||10 lb.||× 1 lb.|