Bourgensia (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Bourgensia, being very wise and intelligent, are extremely willing to share just about anything, from their knowledge and wisdom to their homes and culture, making them a very hospitable and friendly culture. They have no wars with other nations or cultures and attempt to maintain that peace. Despite their small demeanor, they are very arrogant and haughty, sometime flaunting their superior intellect, not only to other but to one another, although this often goes unnoticed because of either the subtlety or sheer wit with which it is done.
Bourgensia are small and weak, but exceedingly gifted in the aspect of the mind, and it shows in their build. They do not have different genders, instead being both hermaphrodites and impregnating each other to reproduce. The average height is 3'9" and the average weight 105 pounds. Skin color fluxuates in from deepest black to dark grays and greens. Their eyes are pure white and extremely large, having no pupils, but still allowing sight, in fact better sight than most other races. Hair is always a simple pure prismatic color: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, white, or black. Bourgensia have long, spindly and dexterous fingers, and feet that splay into an 'x' on the ground, creating a very distinctive footprint. their legs are built like the hind legs of a horse or dog, Their ears are large and pointed, similar to a bat's but far too large. Their mouths are small, but their jaws are very wide and can be unhinged when they eat their food, which they do while it is whole. Their jaws are also very flat, causing a small, almost negligible chin. Their heads are large, seemingly disproportionate and oversized for their thin, small, frail bodies. Their finger and toe nails are large, wide, sharp, and black, but mostly of the quick, extending only about an eighth of an inch from the quick, making them ineffective in battle except for causing abrasions and light scratches.
The Bourgensia get along with every culture because of their hospitality and meek, almost humorous but at the same time pitiable, appearance. They maintain peace and prosper from trade of all forms.
The most common alignment is true neutral, but neutral good, chaotic neutral, and chaotic good are also common amongst the Bourgensia. Lawful neutral and lawful good are also not unheard of, but are very rare. Bourgensia cannot be evil.
Bourgensia are most comfortable at the peaks of high, cold mountains, which is where they build their homes. Any home Bourgensia occupy or have occupied is not, never has been, and never will be a volcano.
Bourgensia worships gods of intelligence, wisdom, peace, kindness, goodness, judgment, and fairness.
Bourgensian, a derivation of Elven, except that it is so far developed, it is almost unrecognizable as formerly elven.
Bourgensia are not given names. Each Bourgensia names itself at birth and can draw its name from any spoken language. Names are composed of simple first-last or first-middle-last combinations, for example Karl Heinrich Marx.
- -2 Strength, -2 Constitution, +4 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom: Bourgensia are very weak and frail, but exceedingly intelligent and wise.
- Humanoid (Cold): Bourgensia have lived in cold areas for so long that they have become cold themselves.
- Small: As a Small creature, a Bourgensium gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he has a -4 penalty on grapple checks, and he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Bourgensia base land speed is 20 feet.
- Bourgensia are diligent studiers, and therefore cast prepared spells at +1 caster level.
- Bourgensia are also very timid, and, through not wanting to be noticed, have gained a +4 racial bonus on move silently checks.
- A Bourgensium's dominating mind allows it to resist many mental influences. Bourgensia get a +2 racial bonus to will saves and a +2 racial bonus to saving throws against mind-effecting spells, powers, or abilities.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Bourgensian. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Cleric or Wizard. However, Bourgensia are not innately magical and therefore cannot be any class that uses innate or spontaneous casting, such as Sorcerers, Bards, Warlocks, and Shadowcasters.
|8 years||+1d4||+1d6||+2d4 -->|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||35 years||40 years||+3d6 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Bourgensia||3' 2"||+2d6||90 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|