Botanans (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A peaceful race of plant-like humanoids, the Botanans live to serve nature.
Botanans tend to be shy around strangers, until they get to know them, but are steadfast friends. Most Botanans are peaceful and tranquil at heart, enjoying life and seeking to perfect their chosen vocation, be it practical, philosophical or artistic in nature. But that will not prevent them from exacting harsh punishment upon those who harm them or their homes.
The Botanans are a tall and graceful folk. The males stand from 6'0" to 6'6" and weigh roughly 125lbs, while the females stand 5' to 5'5" and weighing about 80lbs. Males stout bodies are covered with smooth skin colored from Dark green to pale brown that resembles the bark of a tree,while females have smooth skin colored from blueish-black and purple that resembles silk. The Botanans equivalent of hair takes the form of leaves, or on rare occasion vines or flowers, which are used to absorb sunlight, varying in color from reds and oranges for males and Pinkish-purple to skyblue for females. Their eyes are varying shades of red with the absence of yellow as pupils. The Botanans feet are used to absorb water and nutrients from the ground. Botanans males are known for being particularly hardy and enduring as for the females are known for being beauitful and trickful.
Botanans get along well with Elves, Centaurs and Fey, but are fairly neutral where the other races are concerned. However, Botanans have an innate fear of fire and creatures associated with it but may get along with them is they are the same alignment .
Most Botanans are Neutral Good. They prefer to let nature to take its path, but when pressed will follow the goodness within but some my stray away from thier good nature.
Botanans tend to make their homes in any area that has plenty of plant life. However, there are rumors of Botanans who thrive in the harsh desert environment.
Botanans worship their creator, Botanus, the Tree Father. They will also pay homage to any deity associated with nature.
Botanans speak Fey and Common. They also have their own language that is nearly impossible to learn. Botanic consists of movements as much as sound, which leaves the impression of a breeze blowing through the trees.
Botanans receive a pet name until they reach adulthood. They the must go through a coming of age ceremony, and, depending on their actions during the rite of passage, are given a new name by the elders of their race.
- +4 Charisma +2 Constitution: +2 Dexterity: Botanans are hardy and resilient, but sometimes foolish
- Botanan base land speed is 30 ft. Botanans males have a burrow speed of 20ft,females have a burrow speed of 10ft. A burrowing Botanans usually does not make a usable tunnel, but can construct a tunnel; it burrows at half speed when it does so.
- Racial Skills: A Botanan's plant level gives him a (2 + Int) modifier at lvl 5 . Botanan's class skills are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Handle Animal (Cha), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis) and Survival (Wis).
- Low-Light Vision (Ex): Botanans can see twice as far as normal in moonlight, torchlight, candlelight and other similar lighting conditions as normal. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Immunities (Ex): Botanans are immune to poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning and polymorph spells and spell-like effects. They are not subject to critical hits and sneak attacks .
- Half Damage from Piercing (Ex): Piercing weapons deal Botanans only half damage (rounding up).
- Poisonous Bleeding (Ex): A Botanan itself is toxic. A Botana's blood is an ingested poison. Any creature that scores a bite attack on the Botanan is treated as ingesting the poison, taking an initial 1d2 Constitution damage and 1d2 damage a minute later as secondary damage lasting 1d6+1 rounds. The Fortitude save DC is 10 + the Botanans Constitution modifier + ½ the Botanans HD.
- Fire Vulnerability (Ex): Botanans take double damage from fire-based attacks.
- Thorn Shot (Ex): Botanans have a natural unarmed ranged attack that deals 1d4 nonlethal damage, and is considered a thrown weapon with a range increment of 15 feet.
- Leaf Blade (Ex): A male Botanan has a sharp, retractable leaf on each arm that deals 1d6 slashing damage and has a critical of 18-20/x2. Males automatically gain Two-Weapon Fighting for these leaves only.
- Thorn Whip (Ex): A female Botanan has a retractable, vine that wraps around one of her arms and deals 1d4 slashing damage and has a critical x2. At lvl 10 a female Botanan's vine gains thorns which is like a spiked chain but is considered a one handed weapon
- Poison Barb (Ex): Female Botanans have a retractable spike in the palm of the hand opposite her vine. This barb deals 1d4 piercing damage and has a critical x3. Upon a successful hit, the target must make a Fortitude save DC 15 or take 1d4 damage every round.
- A Botanan is proficient with it's natural weapons only.
- A Botanan is proficient with light armor but not shields.
- +2 Natural Armor
- +4 Survival, +2 Hide in plant growth, +2 Heal, +2 Knowledge (Nature).
- Earthen shape (Ex):: 1/day— Tree Stride, Tree Shape. Caster level is character level.
- Earthen Rest (Ex): A Botanan resting below ground in suitable earth with his leaves exposed to the air gains double the natural healing rate (2 HP per HD) from a full 8 hours rest. A Botanan is awake during this time, as they do not sleep.
- Forest's Friend (Su): Dryads can use speak with animals, and speak with plants at will.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Fey, and Botanic. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|170 years||350 years||530 years||+6d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 0"||+2d6||125 lb.||× (1d3) lb.|
|Female||5'||+1d4||80 lb.||× (1d3) lb.|