Blaziken (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Blazikens tend to be agressive, as fighting is in their ancestry. They are, on the whole, a gruff race, but one that respects strength.
Blaziken is mostly red in coloration, with accentuations of beige, yellow, and gray. Blaziken appears to have long, beige-colored, hairlike feathers extending behind its head, continuing downward to envelop some of its chest and abdomen. Blaziken’s small, red-colored face is almost completely covered in feathers. It has a crest on its head with two points, which resembles the letter "V". Blaziken has three spiky extensions on the sides of its face, much like Gardevoir’s. Blaziken’s eyes are semicircular in shape, with yellow scleras and blue irises, and Blaziken's mouth is a hooked beak. The continuation of the "hair" from its head on its chest and abdomen makes Blaziken appear as if it's wearing a sleeveless jacket on its torso. Blaziken’s strong, muscular legs give it immense lower body strength, helping its kicking and jumping abilities. Blaziken has three fingers on each hand, resembling that of a normal chicken’s feet, with what appears to be gray-colored wristband-like markings on its wrists. Blaziken has, although rarely seen due to the shaggy feathers on the bottom of its legs, three clawed toes. Blaziken has a tuft of fire above its wrist and in combat, it burns intensely as it becomes weary or stronger.
Blazikens tend to be wary of other races in general.
Blazikens vary as greatly as humans in terms of alignment.
Blazikens like it hot, so tend to live near mountainous areas with volcanoes, or on savannah-style plains.
Blazikens don't particularly follow a religion.
As well as Common, Blazikens - due to their avian heritage - can maintain a limited conversation with birds.
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, −2 Intelligence - Blazikens tend to be stronger than humans, but don't devote as much time to study.
- Monstrous Humanoid
- Medium - A Blaziken gains no benefits or penalties due to size.
- Blaziken base land speed is 40 feet
- Burning Wrists (Su) - In combat, a Blaziken can ignite his/her wrists for extra damage with his/her punches. If the Blaziken is unarmed and is not wearing gauntlets, the Blaziken may add half of the damage done with an attack as fire damage - for example, if an attack dealt six damage, it would instead do six normal and three fire. In addition, any unarmed attacks made into fire attacks by this cannot be dealt as nonlethal. This is a Swift Action, as is extinguishing them.
- A Blaziken gets immunity to fire damage
- Incredible Jump (Ex) - due to the strength of a Blaziken's legs, it may jump incredibly high. The Jump skill is considered a class skill and gains a +4 bonus.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Blazikens can understand bird-type creatures, but cannot speak in their language. Bonus Languages: Ignan, Draconian, Goblin.
- Favored Class: Fighter, Monk, or Barbarian
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||70 years||+2d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 11"||+1d8||114.6lb lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||5' 11"||+1d8||114.6lb lb.||× (2d4) lb.|