Banished (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|WFRC Race Created by|
|WFRC User Page:||DracoRuler|
This page is protected from editing because the author has asked that no changes be made to this page. Please discuss possible problems on the talk page.
No one knows why they were banished to an eternal torture, but it must have been something truly heinous, for they have suffered eons of maddening captivity on a plane of howling winds and endless tunnels, with no hope of seeing the light of day. The banished have lived for eons in the Windswept Depths of Pandemonium. Most people are driven insane after only a few days, and they are no exception.
Banished are, by every interpretation of the word, crazy. They tend to be very wild and out of it. They have trouble paying attention to anything, and are subject to sudden outbursts for no particular reason. They are often quite bipolar, quiet and calm one minute, and jumping of the walls and starting fights the next. They are wholly unpredictable.
Banished are about the size of a tall Halfling, but that is about all they share with most common races. If they stood more erect they would be about the size of a dwarf, but they stand with a slight stoop. They have ghost-white skin that appears to have never seen the light of day (which is mostly the case) and jet black hair, which is usually long and unkempt. They have large wild eyes that unnerve most people. They are very thin and scraggly, with very knotty limbs and joints.
Because of their obvious psychoses many people do not understand them, but Banished are not quick to trust themselves. They have learned to fend for themselves, but once you have earned the respect and friendship on one of the Banished, it is unbreakable.
Banished have long-since given in to their home planes chaotic nature, and it has wholly overcome them. For that reason they are universally chaotic, with exceptions being one in a million. But they maintain to apprehension towards good or evil.
The Banished have founded their own civilizations on Pandemonium, but claim no lands of their own on the material plane. They often live as hermits, cast out by society, living alone with their insanity.
Banished were forsaken by their gods long ago, many no longer believe that gods even exist, because what god would let loyal worshipers suffer for so long.
Banished do not have their own language, for they have no need for it in the howling winds of pandemonium, they learn common, and use their telepathic abilities to keep in touch with other Banished.
Most banished choose human names when moving in to human society, because their native names are too hard for human tongues to pronounce. Their names tend to be long and drawn out, with many open, almost whining vowels. They do not adopt family or clan names, not only because they feel no strong connection to their family, but because they have very unique names, and live in small groups.
Male Names: Tethraymontic, Baalons, Meekontorusaay, (having a brain cramp right now, if but I hope you get the idea)
Female names: Seenootari, Qlendmopeeno, Csintalpho
Most Banished adventure because they do not fit in anywhere in society, and because their insanity leads them to wander mindlessly.
Banished Racial Traits
- -2 Str., +2 Dex, +2 Int., -4 Wis: Banished are quick to dodge and quick studies, but they small frame leaves them weak, and they are quite insane. (I know, I know bonus to a spell casting stat, shut up)
- Medium: Banished have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Humanoid (Extraplanar)
- Banished Base land speed is 20 feet.
- Darkvision 100ft
- Light Blindness (there is no light on pandemonium)
- Stonecunning: This ability grants a Banished a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A Banished who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a Banished can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A Banished can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up. Banished have a sixth sense about stonework, an innate ability that they get plenty of opportunity to practice and hone in their underground homes.
- +1 Caster Level on spell with the Sonic descriptor, Banished know sounds inside and out.
- Spell like abilities- 1/day- message (it is said that the winds of pandemonium can carry a message anywhere on the great wheel), and gust of wind. These abilities are as a 1st lvl sorcerer.
- Maddening Scream (Su): 3/day a Banished can scream to cause fear into those around them. Everyone within 30 ft. must make a will save DC 10+ ½ Banished’s HD+ Cha mod. or be shaken for a number of rounds equal to 1 + the banished’s cha. Modifier. This takes a full round action.
- Telepathic Bond(Su): Banished can communicate with other banished within 100ft telepathically.
- +2 on Escape artist checks: Banished have learned to squeeze into small spaces.
- Take only –1 penalty to attack rolls and AC when squeezing, because they have learned to fight more effectively in small spaces.
- FC: rogue? (not sure, could use some help with this)
- LA: +0