Bangaas (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Blunt and aggressive, Bangaas are battle ready warriors that are easily offended, but slow to forgive.
Bangaas are short and stocky with scales in which the color ranges from fiery red to earthen brown. They naturally resemble giant lizards walking on their hind legs, but such suggestions were quickly dissuaded with a few broken bones. Most bangaa have long tufts of scaly flesh hanging from the side that covers their ear holes and sometimes have catfish-like whiskers hanging from long snouts.
Bangaas, to no surprise, get quite along with Dwarves since they both are short races with a love for a good brawl. They have strained relationships with half-orcs for the size difference alone. Bangaas may get along with humans as long as no "short" or "lizard" jokes are directed at them (one of the many reasons they don't get well along with gnomes and halflings). Elves are rather to frail for most bangaas tastes.
Bangaa are usually neutral, caring who they fight for as long as the get to fight worthy opponent's and chaotic since law usually gets in a way of a good fight.
Bangaa inhabit the high mountain ranges of Ivalice, but also fit in at any dwarven city.
Bangaas are not known to be the religious types and all of their clerics worship whatever god of war that promises them the best fights.
Bangaas speak Bangaala, a rough language using the draconic alphabet, but can often also speak Dwarven and Draconic.
Bangaa names are passed from one generation to the next generation, creating high expectations for which the new generation must live up to. If a bangaa can not live up to his ancestor's name he will bring shame to his family. Children given the name of a bangaa that shamed their clan must bring honor to the clan or else be shunned by the whole clan and society.
- +2 Strength, -2 Intelligence and -2 Charisma: Bangaa are strong, but often dumb and unsociable.
- Humanoid (Reptilian)
- Bangaa base land speed is 20ft.: Bangaa can move at a base land speed is base land speed of 20ft. even when wearing armor and carrying a medium or heavy load (like dwarves).
- Battle Ready(Ex): Bangaas are always ready for a fight and are not flat-footed during the first round of combat.
- Trip(Ex): A bangaa may make a trip as an unarmed melee attack with its tail once per turn or in the place of its Attack Opportunity.
- +2 racial bonus to appraise checks that are related to weapons or armor
- Bangaa gains proficiencies with all heavy swords and axes and medium army.
- Automatic Languages: Bangaala, Common. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|60 years||80 years||110 years||+130 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 8"||+2d4||140 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||3' 6"||+2d4||120 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|