Bangaa (3.5e Ivalice Race)
From D&D Wiki
If one put asides these physical differences, their intelligence and mannerisms are little different from those of Humes. For this reason, they are often considered the race most at home with Humes, and are the race most friendly with the latter. Bangaa Ruga are more gentle than most and are more likely to be instructors or monks. The Bangaa Ruga and Faas generally make the laws and keep order among the Bangaa. Bista and Sanga lead more laid back types of lifestyle, making it easier to live and interact among Humes more comfortably.
 Physical Description
Their bodies are covered in small, hard scales, and they have distinctive long, drooping ears. They have long faces, scaly skin, and tough limbs. Due to all these factors, the Bangaa are considered the brute force of all the races in Ivalice. The Bangaa have both male and females, but it is impossible to tell the two apart, until they actually start talking.
They are separated by four sub-branches: Bangaa Ruga with yellow-brown skin and shorter ears, the athletic Bangaa Faas with bronze skin, Bangaa Bista with copper-colored skin, and Bangaa Sanga with ash-colored skin, all in addition to breed mixes. In the Bangaa language it is said that "Faas" may mean soldier or "a strong sense of justice".
Many Bangaa live in Hume cities and societies, thus they are at peace with many of the other races. It is considered a racial slur and the worst insult to call a Bangaa a lizard. This is because of another race called the lizardmen, who are more primitive and violent than the Bangaa. However, some people will still refer to Bangaas as lizards, when none are around. The Bangaa do not take kindly to those that would use this slang.
Because of their similarities to that of Humes, Bangaa tend towards neutrality over any of the other alignments, but some do sway on the scales of good vs. evil and law vs. chaos just as any Hume is tempted to one side or the other.
The Bangaa are at home in most Hume societies. They will at times form their own tribes and live amongst themselves but will still keep trade and alliances with other settlements.
Bangaa are not very religious in their own right, but those that do become religious choose religions of the Humes.
They speak in a distinct guttural voice because they do not have the vocal cords refined enough to speak as well as the other races, which in return makes it difficult for them to use magic, even the most basic ones. Most Bangaa tend to speak in a fashion similar to real-world Scottish accents.
Bangaa names include names that have strong guttural sounds to them, this is due to the difficulty the Bangaa have saying certain letters of the Hume alphabet. Names do not differ much between Bangaa males and females, though females tend to have a more feminine tone to them. Examples of names include: Ba'Gamnan (male), Gijuk (male), Rinok (female), Bwagi (male), and Migelo (male).
 Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, −2 Intelligence: The bangaa are very tough, learning from a young age to be hunters and warriors. Though bangaa lack in the area of study and the intelligence needed to wield many different kinds of magic.
- Humanoid (Bangaa)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, bangaa have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Bangaa base land speed is 20 feet.
- +1 Natural Armor bonus to Armor Class.
- The bangaa have poor eyesight and suffer a -2 racial penalty to Search and Spot checks or any other skill or ability checks that require sight. Bangaa also take -2 racial penalty on all ranged attacks.
- Automatic Language: Common and Bangaa. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
- Favored Class: Fighter. A multiclass bangaa's fighter class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|70 years||106 years||140 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 6"||+4d10||140 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 6"||+4d10||140 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|