Autoplate Pilot (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
|Rating:||Not fully rated|
|Formatting:||3.5 out of 5 by 1 user|
|Flavor:||5 out of 5 by 1 user|
|Editing:||Constructive edits welcome|
|“||What's so special about that armor anyway?||”|
More than you'd think. By animating armor and controlling it with their will and mechanical controls, Autoplate Pilots find fighting power in the power of the armor they wear. They use their larger size to dominate the battlefield while the pilot inside is actually much weaker. Gnomes often take this class, as they are tinkerers by heart.
Making an Autoplate Pilot
Autoplate Pilots are battle units at heart. They have high defense and can either run melee or ranged offense, as they are inferior to pure damage dealers. Still, they have quite the versatility with their suits and gain several powers to help attacks, mobility, or defense.
Abilities: Strength is required to move in the suits and help with their fighting abilities. As a melee unit, Constitution is always a plus. Intelligence is a big factor, both for skill points and often for the operation of some of their special weaponry. Having Dexterity is usually unimportant unless the suit is built for it.
Races: Humans and Gnomes are the main purveyors of this class, having the skill and know how to do it. Dwarves who love machines are commonplace as well. Elves are typically unassociated with technology, as are orcs. Halflings might try them to bolster their size.
Starting HD: Pilot d6, Autoplate Suit d10
Starting Gold: 5d4×10 gp (125 gp).
Starting Age: As any race.
|1st||+0||+2||+0||+0||Acquire Autoplate, Slot, Energy Core 1|
|2nd||+1||+3||+0||+0||Repair Bonus, Upgrade, Energy Core 2|
|4th||+3||+4||+1||+1||Upgrade, Physical Enhancer, Energy Core 4|
|6th||+4||+5||+2||+2||Upgrade, Energy Core 6|
|8th||+6/+1||+6||+2||+2||Upgrade, Physical Enhancer, Energy Core 8|
|9th||+6/+1||+6||+3||+3||Damage Scan, Slot|
|10th||+7/+2||+7||+3||+3||Energy Core 10, Upgrade|
|11th||+8/+3||+7||+3||+3||Awaken Autoplate, Slot|
|12th||+9/+4||+8||+4||+4||Upgrade, Physical Enhancer, Energy Core 12|
|14th||+10/+5||+9||+4||+4||Unseen Shell, Upgrade, Energy Core 14|
|15th||+11/+6/+1||+9||+5||+5||Improved Damage Scan, Slot|
|16th||+12/+7/+2||+10||+5||+5||Upgrade, Energy Core 16, Physical Enhancer|
|17th||+12/+7/+2||+10||+5||+5||Soulless Shell, Slot|
|18th||+13/+8/+3||+11||+6||+6||Upgrade, Energy Core 18|
|19th||+14/+9/+4||+11||+6||+6||Slot, Energy Core Overhaul|
|20th||+15/+10/+5||+12||+6||+6||Persistent Autoplate, Upgrade, Physical Enhancer, Energy Core 20|
Class Skills (4 + Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level)
All of the following are class features of the Autoplate Pilot.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: An Autoplate Pilot is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, medium, and light) and shields (including tower shields).
Acquire Autoplate: The key feature of the Autoplate Pilot is his armor. At first, the Autoplate is little more than strange looking armor composed of metal, stone, wood, and plant fibers which cover the body, like full plate. However, it possesses the following traits: +3 armor bonus, a maximum Dex bonus of +6, armor check penalty only applies when pilot is out of the suit (see Awaken Autoplate), 80% arcane spell failure, and typically double the user's weight, rounded up. It counts as light armor for purposes of proficiency and feats. Autoplate may be enhanced as any masterwork armor and enchanted as any armor. To level up an Autoplate, the pilot needs a full uninterrupted 8 hours to add or change the necessary parts.
Energy Core (Su): The source of the Autoplate's power is a special energy core built of metal and crystals flowing with magic. The energy core also allows you to employ any special attacks and abilities gained from your Slot abilities. At 1st level you have a total supply pool of 1 energy point, which grows as the above chart indicates and regenerates one point every round or every 6 seconds. You may spend a maximum number of energy points equal to your Autoplate Pilot level in a single round. The Energy Core has a caster level equal to your class level and is disabled inside of an antimagic field. If this happens, you are unable to employ the suit's functions until it reactivates. There are three manuel levers inside the Autoplate armor for these reasons: manuel eject, which opens the cockpit; a start up system, which takes one round per level of Autoplate Pilot to complete;and a shutdown system,which turns the suit off. If the pilot depletes the core of it's points, the suit shuts down for a number of rounds equel to the point drain below zero.
Slots: At 1st level, and every two levels after (3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17 and 19), the Autoplate gains a hook up slot somewhere on it's body to contain a special weapon or device. At every 3rd level increase, he gains one. Such devices often consume energy points every round to be active. Unless otherwise noted, all slot abilities are (supernatural) abilities. Choose from below.
- Plasma Weapon: Your arm develops a slot to which a concentrated glowing weapon of energy can be formed from as if drawing a weapon action, and can be dismissed as a free action. It can form as any weapon the pilot is proficient with the same specifications as the actual weapon. This is an (extraordinary) ability. The weapon can be broken as it has hardness 10 and 10 hit points); however, a Autoplate Pilot can simply create another on the pilot's next action. The moment he relinquishes his grip on the weapon, it dissipates. A Plasma Weapon is considered a magic weapon for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. The pilot can use feats such as Power Attack, Quick Draw, and Combat Expertise in conjunction with the Plasma Weapon just as if it were a normal weapon. He can also choose feats requiring a specific weapon choice, such as Weapon Specialization. Powers or spells that upgrade weapons can be used on a Plasma Weapon.
- Enlarged Weapon: To take this slot ability you must have Plasma Weapon Slot, Razors Slot, Duel Razors Slot, Harpoon Slot, Duel Harpoon Slot, Bladed Lash Upgrade, or Spiked Body Upgrade. You may spend 1 energy point a round to have your weapon grow and act as if it were one size category larger, as energy from the core is focused into your blows. Free action to turn on.
- Enlarged Body: To take this slot ability you must have Enlarged Weapon. You gain the ability to use weapons one size larger than normal, and are counted as one size catagory larger during grapples, trips, charges, sunders, and bullrushes. This requires 1 Energy Point per round it is in effect, and you may still use Enlarged Weapon to gain a size bonus to your damage. Free action to turn on.
- Jump Jets: With a burst of energy you take a leap into the air. By spending 1 or more Energy Points you gain an enchantment bonus to your jump checks equal to +10 per energy point used, to a maximum of 3 energy points for a +30 bonus. Free action to turn on.
- Nitro Charger: To take this slot ability you must have Jump Jets. You gain a fly speed equal to half your land speed, with average maneuverability as a free action to turn on. Use of this ability consumes 1 Energy Point every round it is active. In addition, you may ignore up to 60 ft. + 10 ft. per size category increase of fall damage.
- Improved Nitro Charger: To take this slot ability you must have Nitro Charger. Your fly speed improves to your land speed, with good maneuverability. Use of this ability consumes 1 energy points every round it is active. In addition, you may ignore up to 120 ft. + 10 ft. per size category increase of fall damage. Free action to turn on.
- Scanning Visor: Your vision improves via a complex HUD contained inside your suit. You gain your Autoplate's class level as an insight bonus to your Search and Spot checks. In addition you gain +1 to attack.
- Improved Visor: To take this slot ability you must have Scanning Visor. You gain the benefits of Darkvision out to 60 ft. and Low-Light Vision. By spending an energy point, you may employ the use of Detect Magic, Read Magic, and Detect Chaos, Detect Evil, Detect Good, or Detect Law, as per the spells as a standard action, with a caster level equal to your autoplate pilot level.
- Greater Visor: To take this slot ability you must have Improved Visor. You gain the constant benefit of a See Invisibility spell from your visor, and you gain an insight bonus of +2 to the suit's attack. In addition you may spend 4 energy points as a standard action to acquire the power of a True Seeing spell.
- Shield Generator: You gain a unique kind of masterwork buckler affixed to your arm, and attains all the characteristics of a buckler. It may be enchanted as any shield, and can be made out of special materials or possess spikes. Like weapons, any shield mounted weapons such as spikes gain the benefit of any tracery feats you possess. In addition to the +1 shield bonus to armor class you get from it, it projects a field of force, granting +1 deflection bonus to armor class as well.
- Energy Shield: To take this slot ability you must have Shield Generator. Your shield grows to a large metal sheild and moves to the suit's off hand, effectively taking up an empty hand slot. In addition you may use a free action and spend a minimum of 2 energy point, to gain DR/magic equal to 2x the amount of energy points spent. Alternatively they may spend a minimum of 1 Energy Point, and gain energy resistance against once type of energy equal to 2x Energy Points spent.
- Improved Energy Shield: To take this slot ability you must have Energy Shield. Your shield and deflection bonus both increase by +2. You gain Spell Resistance equal to your Autoplate Pilot level + 5. It takes 1 Energy Point a round to maintain the Spell Resistance. You may raise or lower it as a free action once a round.
- Iron Jaws: A lower jaw filled with metallic teeth is attached to the Autoplate's head, giving the suit a melee bite attack that does 1d4 piercing damage + Str modifier.
- Razors: The suit's forarm has been worked to have two retractable claw type blades on one arm. This new claw attack is a light natural weapon dealing +1d6 slashing damage + Str modifier. These blades can retract and extend as if drawing a weapon. Since the Razors are attached to the suit's forearm, it's hands are not occupied, meaning it can still hold objects, but cannot attack with something in its grasp. If the suit's hands are empty, it can still initiate or oppose a grapple/pin.
- Duel Razors: To obtain this slot, the suit must have Razors. With this attachment, the suit is outfitted with a second set of razors on its other forearm. It acts in all purposes as the attachment slot Razors, but the pilot is subject to the Two Weapon Fighting rules and penalties.
- Breath Weapon: Upon taking this slot the pilot can graft a stone carved dragon's head on on the Autoplate's helmet. He can now expell a breathweapon of a (same size catagory as the Autoplate suit) red, blue, or white dragon (color corispondes with breath weapon damage type and must be chosen at the time of the initial hook up), useable once every 1d4+1 rounds. This ability consumes one point per size category above medium, minimum 1, and is a standard action.
- Elemental Razors: To access this slot the pilot needs to have the Breath Weapon slot and the Razors slot. The suits resevoirs that hold the alchemeic potion mixtures inside the stone dragon head is tubed down to the suit's arms. The tubes that glow with the chosen dragon element run into the razor blades on the suit's forarm. Upon a succesful unarmed attack, the suit can do elemental damage with a claw attack doing +1d6 elemental damage per Energy Point with the chosen elemental damage. A maximum of 3 Energy Points can be expended this way, and is a swift action to engage.
- Charged Exoskeleton: To be able to gain this slot, you must have the Breath Weapon slot first. The outer skin of the Autoplate suit can emit a charge doing 1d6 points of elemental damage per Energy Point expended. It can be deployed as a free action. The damage is elemental based on the dragon type picked for the Breath Weapon slot. Anyone who makes a successful touch, melee or grapple attempt takes this damage and if this damage is applied to a grapple attempt, the enemy must immediately let go if the damage exceeds their grapple check.
- Ioun Beam: As a ranged attack that provokes attacks of opportunity, you may fire a beam of magic damage to a range of 60 ft. This attack deals 1d4/1 point of pure magic energy, and is halved by objects before applying hardness. Spell resistance applies, with a caster level equal to your autoplate pilot level. This is a spell-like ability. The max amount of Energy Points that can be spent to deploy this Slot is equal to half of the character's level.
- Improved Ioun Beam: To take this slot ability you must have Ioun Beam. Your energy beam now extends to 90 ft., and deals 1d6/1 point of pure magic energy. In addition, 1/day you may Empower your blast if if by the Empower Spell feat. The max amount of Energy Points that can be spent to deploy this Slot is equal to half of the character's level.
- Greater Ioun Beam: To take this slot ability you must have Improved Ioun Beam. Your energy beam now extends to 120 ft., and deals 1d8 of damage/1 point of pure magic energy. You may now Empower your blasts 1 + your Int modifier times per day, minimum 1. The max amount of Energy Points that can be spent to deploy this Slot is equal to half of the character's level.
- Pod Cannon: A missile of magical energy fires forth from the chest of the suit and strikes its target, dealing 1d4+1 points of force damage. The missile strikes unerringly, even if the target is in melee combat or has less than total cover or total concealment. Specific parts of a creature can’t be singled out. The missiles have no maximum range. Inanimate objects are only dealt half damage by this Slot. For every Power Point expended, an additional missile can be fired with the maximum of 6 missiles.
- Predatory Cammo: To take and maintain this slot, the suit must be of large size or smaller. The suit can bend the light around itself making it a shadowy hazy blur. This affect is Blur as the spell for up to three rounds. It can be turned on as a move action and shut off as a free action; but while in use, the first round consumes one energy point. On the second round it is in use it consumes two energy points, three energy points for use in the third round. After 3 rounds the cammo fades.
- Improved Predatory Cammo: To gain this slot the pilot must have Predatory Cammo. If this is taken the pilot can choose to turn on either his Blur ability or Invisibility as the spell. The invisibility ability uses the same amount of Energy Points as the Predatory Cammo does to operate.
- Predatory Aim: To gain this ability the pilot must have Improved Predatory Cammo. The pilot gaines the ability of sneak attack with a damage rate at +1d6/two levels in Autoplate Pilot.
- Image Projector: To gain this ability the Autoplate suit must have Improved Predatory Cammo first. A projector is mounted on the shoulder of the suit that can be activated as a swift action. This projector creates the visual illusion of an object, creature, or force, as visualized by you with a maximum range of 40 Ft. The illusion does not create sound, smell, texture, or temperature. You can move the image within line of sight of the Autoplate suit. It consumes 1 power point per round the image is summoned. A successful Will Save can negate the illusion, DC = 10 + Class level + Cha modifier. If the illusion is physically interacted with, the Will Save is automatically successful.
- Sounding Speakers: As a free action, this Slot allows you to create a volume of sound that rises, recedes, approaches, or remains at a fixed place. It requires 1 Energy Point per round of use. You choose what type of sound is created when it is deployed and cannot thereafter change the sound’s basic character. The volume of sound created depends on your Autoplate class level. You can produce as much noise as four normal humans per Autoplate class level (maximum twenty humans). Thus, talking, singing, shouting, walking, marching, or running sounds can be created. The noise the speakers produces can be virtually any type of sound within the volume limit. A horde of rats running and squeaking is about the same volume as eight humans running and shouting. A roaring lion is equal to the noise from sixteen humans, while a roaring dire tiger is equal to the noise from twenty humans. A successful Will save causes disbelief of the generated sound. DC = 10 + Autoplate class level + Cha modifier.
- Sonic Pulse: The Autoplate suit must be outfitted with the Sounding Speakers Slot before it the Sonic Pulse Slot can be grafted to the suit. The Autoplate's suit emits an ear-splitting boom that deafens and damages creatures in its path up to 30 feet + 10 ft. per size category increase. Any creature within the area is deafened for 1d6 rounds and takes 1d6 points of sonic damage per Power Point expended. A successful Fortitude Save can negate the damage by 1/2. DC = 10 + 5 per Power Point expended. Standard action to deploy, and the maximum amount of points that can be expended in the Slot is equal to half the Autoplates class level.
- Spike Launcher: To obtain this attachment slot, the suit must have the Spiked Body Upgrade first. As a standard action, the pilot can launch a swarm of its Body Spikes as a ranged touch attack at a single target within 30 ft. + 10 ft. per size category increase. This attack requires the pilot to expend 2 Energy Point to deploy, and can be fired again after 1d4 rounds. This attack deals 1d8 points of piercing damage.
- Aiming Laser: This attachment Slot can be obtained once the Autoplate is outfitted with either the Ioun Beam Slot, Pod Cannon Slot, or the Spike Launcher Slot. As a free action, a red laser is projected from the suit's shoulder, allowing it to target an additional target that is no more than 30 feet + 10 ft. per size category increase apart from each other with the Ioun Beam Slot or the Spike Launcher Slot. This Slot requires 1 Energy Point to be expended per use. This ability can target 4 targets maximum. For each target, a separate ranged attack roll must be made at a cost of -2 to the attack. This ability can be taken multiple times, each time it is acquired it allows the suit to target an additional foe, but the attack penalties stack. -2 on attack to target 2 enemies, -4 on attack to target 3 enemies, and -6 on attack to target 4 enemies. The negative attack penalties cannot exceed the pilot's base attack bonus. If used while invisible, the Autoplate's invisibility ends and becomes visible again.
- Flare: As a free action, this attachment creates a burst of light when at least 1 Energy Point is spent. If you cause the light to burst directly in front of a single creature, that creature is dazzled for 1 minute unless it makes a successful Fortitude save, DC = 10 + 2 per Energy Point spent. Sightless creatures, as well as creatures already dazzled, are not affected by flare. The Flare Slot can also be deployed to misdirect a Magic Missile. If the pilot is aware of the Magic Missile spell targeting the Autopilot suit, the Flare Slot can be used, and the Magic Missile spell targets the deployed Flare instead. It can misguide one Magic Missile per Energy Point spent.
- Smoke Screen: To obtain this Slot, the Autoplate suit must be outfitted with the Seal Cockpit Upgrade. A writhing stream of smoke billows out from the source in the suit's chest, forming a choking cloud. The Autoplate expends 2 Energy Points to activate Smoke Screen by a standard action. The cloud spreads 20 ft. + 10 ft. per size category increase in all directions and stays stationary. The cloud lasts for 1 round per half of Autoplate's level. All sight, even darkvision, is ineffective in or through the cloud. Blindsight, tremorsense, or other ways of seeing without the use of the eyes are the only ways of "seeing" through the cloud. All within the cloud, except for the pilot, take -4 penalties to Strength and Dexterity (Fortitude negates). DC = 10 + Autoplate level. These effects last for 1d4 rounds after the cloud dissipates or after the creature leaves the area of the cloud. Spell resistance does not apply. A moderate wind (11+ mph), such as from a Gust of Wind spell, disperses the smoke in 4 rounds. A strong wind (21+ mph) disperses the smoke in 1 round.
- Harpoon: To take this slot ability you must have Grappling Barb. A harpoon with a nasty barb on its end is grafted onto the suites left arm. The harpoon has a touch attack with a range 60ft. This attack does 2d6 piercing dammage. On a successful ranged attack, the barb fires out and impales the target, then the target is considered grappled. As a full round action the target may make a DC 20 Strength check to break the hold, taking 2d6 slashing damage to remove the harpoon. As long as the target is impaled, it's movement is cut in half and the target takes a -3 on all attacks, saves, and skill checks; as well as 1d4 bleeding damage per round the target is impaled. Once the harpoon is detached or on an unsuccessful attack the harpoon retracts instantly. Additionly the pilot recieves a +2 to trip attempts and to avoid being tripped while the target is impaled. This ability causes the target to remain within a range of 60ft because it is still impaled. This ability consumes one energy point each round a target is impaled and can be released as a free action. A target that is impaled can also be reeled in as a fish on a hook, as a standard action the pilot can reel the line in at the pilots base land speed while his target is impaled. The target can avoid being pulled in with an opposed Strength check.
- Duel Harpoon: To take this slot ability you must have Harpoon. Taking this ability locks a harpoon one on each arm. If both harpoons are grappled with one target, the target gets a -6 on all attacks, saves, and skill checks and the target's speed is cut down by half, twice. Also with two harpoons the pilot can effectivly grapple two opponents at once, which gives the pilot a -2 on grapple, attacks, skills, and saves while grappling two opponents.
- Solar Beam: The Autoplate suit must be outfitted with Light Strips Upgrade first. A solar panel is equipped to the Autoplate suit. The pilot can use a standard action to blast a dazzling beam of intense light with the use of 2 Energy Points per beam. Each creature in the beam is blinded for 1 round and takes 4d6 points of damage. Any creatures to which sunlight is harmful or unnatural take double damage. A successful Reflex save negates the blindness and reduces the damage by half. It has 3 uses before a recharge is required, and can be recharged in 2 rounds by direct sunlight or any spell with the Light descriptor to the solar panel. An undead creature caught within the beam takes 1d6 points of damage per Autoplate class level, or half damage if a Reflex save is successful. In addition, the beam results in the destruction of any undead creature specifically harmed by bright light if it fails its save. DC = 10 + Autoplate class level. The ultraviolet light generated by the Slot deals damage to fungi, mold, oozes, and slimes just as if they were undead creatures. Light Strips can recharge the Solar Beam Slot. This Slot has a maximum range of 30 Ft + 10 Ft. per size category increase.
- Dash Boots: The autoplate can charge ahead in a burst of speed. For every point of energy it expends, the autoplate pilot can increase their speed by 10 ft. This ability can be activated as a free action, and expends 1 Energy Point per round or 6 seconds it is in use.
- Flash Step: To take this slot ability you must have Dash Boots and the Increase Agility upgrade. As a free action to activate, your speed increases to lightning fast movement allowing you to gain the effects of the Haste as the spell. This ability uses 1 energy point a round spent using this ability.
Repair Bonus: Accustomed to repairing and modifying their mechanical armor, at level 2 an Autoplate Pilot may apply half his class level as a bonus to Craft checks made to repair items and craft or repair armor. Instead of healing the suit, it must be repaired. This is a full round action. In addition, he may now repair golems as if he had the Craft Construct feat. The repaired HP equals the skill check roll divided by 4.
Upgrade: As the Autoplate Pilot grows in skill, he continues to modify his suit in new and interesting ways. At levels 2, and every two levels after (4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20) he may choose the effect of 1 Upgrades from the list below. The suit must meet the requirments for each upgrade if any. Upgrades often consume energy points when active, limiting the number of upgrades you can have running at once.
- Increase Size: This increases the size of the autoplate by one category, making it less like a power suit and more like a piloted robot. This ability has a max size of Gargantuan and is permanent.
Size Increase Progression:
|Old Size||New Size||Str||Con||Armor/Attack||Special Attacks||Hide Skill||Reach||Breath Weapon Reach||Speed|
|Small||Medium||+2||+3||+0||+0||+0||5 Ft||20 Ft||+10 Ft|
|Medium||Large||+4||+6||-1||+4||-4||10 Ft||30 Ft||+10 Ft|
|Large||Huge||+6||+9||-2||+8||-8||15 Ft||40 Ft||+20 Ft|
|Huge||Gargantuan||+8||+12||-4||+12||-12||20 Ft||60 Ft||+20 Ft|
|Small Damage||Medium Damage||Large Damage||Huge Damage||Gargantuan Damage||Colossal Damage|
|21st||Slot, High Atlitude Flight|
|22nd||Energy Core +2pts, Bonus Feat|
|24th||Uprgrade, Physical Enhancer|
|25th||Energy Core +2pts, Slot,|
|26th||Bonus Feat, Upgrade|
|28th||Energy Core +2pts, Upgrade, Physical Enhancer|
|29th||Slot, Bonus Feat|
4 + Int modifier skill points per level.
Slot/Upgrade: The Autoplate Pilot can continue to choose upgrades and slots from the lists, however, now automatically gains full effects with anything chosen, at the moment it's added.
High Altitude Flight: An Autopilate suit gains a flight speed of 50ft, or it's base land speed whichever is greater, and average manuverability. This ability can not be used during battle. This ability consumes 6 points per hour. Unfortunatly during flight, the ability to regenerate energy points does not work until flight ends.
Physical Enhancer: Is still physically enhancing. [the Autoplate Pilot may add a +2 enchantment bonus to a single physical ability score (strength, constitution, or dexterity) of his choice. every fourth level 24th, 28th, ect.]
Bonus Feats: The epic Autoplate Pilot gains a bonus feat (selected from the list of epic Autoplate Pilot bonus feats) every 3 levels after 20th.
Epic Autoplate Pilot Bonus Feat List: Armor Skin, Augmented Alchemy, Blinding Speed, Damage Reduction, Craft Epic Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Epic Rod, Craft Epic Wondrous Item, Efficient Item Creation, Energy Resistance, Epic Fortitude, Epic Reflexes, Epic Speed, Epic Skill Focus, Epic Prowess, Fast Healing, Great Charisma, Great Constitution, Great Dexterity, Great Intelligence, Great Strength, Great Wisdom, Improved Combat Reflexes, Legendary Climber, Legendary Leaper, Penetrate Damage Reduction
Gnome Autoplate Pilot Starting Package
|This section is not complete, and needs to be finished. Edit this Page|
Weapons: <-long sword,short sword,.->.
Skill Selection: Pick a number of skills equal to 4 + Int modifier.
|<-Skill name->||<-4 for class skills and 2 for cross-class skills->||<-Abbrieviated key ability->||<-armor check penalty based on starting armor. If innapplicable put "—"->|
|<-Skill name->||<-4 for class skills and 2 for cross-class skills->||<-Abbrieviated key ability->|| <-armor check penalty based on starting armor. If innapplicable put "—"->
<-copy and paste the rows as necessary.->
Feat: <-power attack->.
Bonus Feats: <-cleave +1 per dex ->.
Gear: Standard Adventurer's Kit, full plate .
Gold: 5d4×10 gp (125 gp).
Playing a Autoplate Pilot
|This section is not complete, and needs to be finished. Edit this Page|
Religion: An autoplate pilot generally either worship or respect the god of nature or magic.
Other Classes: An autoplate pilot's suit can be adapted to most non spell casting classes. It can be equipped with a wide range of weapon slots and body upgrades.
Combat: An Auotplate pilot is a battle unit that can be adapted to any role a party needs or it can hold a wide range of capabilities that can be activated to most situations.
Advancement: An Autoplate pilot can multiclass with most other non spell casting classes.
Autoplate Pilots in the World
|This section is not complete, and needs to be finished. Edit this Page|
|“||<-You call that armor? this is armor! ->||”|
|—Last words of Tobias king,spellsword|
Autoplate pilots are generally outcasts, seen in fear or awe, depending on which side of his fist or weapon you are.
Daily Life: every morning auto-plate pilot gets up and works on his or her auto plate and gets it in well working order before he starts his day
Notables: <-notable NPCs of this class->.
Organizations: Pilots are mostly few in number, but those that do congregate generally do so to examine each other's autoplate, or to test their creations against each other's
NPC Reactions: The Autoplate Pilot gets hit on by the ladies and men wanting to just have a look at the inside of the armor. Well chicks dig giant auto plates !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Autoplate Pilot Lore
|This section is not complete, and needs to be finished. Edit this Page|
Characters with ranks in Knowledge (local) can research Autoplate Pilot to learn more about them. When a character makes a skill check, read or paraphrase the following, including information from lower DCs.
|10||Gnomes were the first race to utilize Autoplate.|
|15||Legends, local rumor/superstition, crazyfolk, and various other generic sources claim that even after pilots leave their autoplate, it continues moving without them..|
|20||Autoplate Piolets are a varied breed, where one could be made to fight up close and personal and resist even the strongest of attacks, one could specialize in range, while one could be an exceedingly fast autoplate who moves as fast as can be.|
|30||All Autoplate designs are based off of war-forged technology, and are extremely powerful in nature. If one were to ever come across abandoned/empty, or otherwise unclaimed autoplate, it would be wise to take advantage of them.|
Autoplate Pilots in the Game
|This section is not complete, and needs to be finished. Edit this Page|
<-How characters of this class fit in the game (PC and NPC) and what roles they play.->
Adaptation: <-Possible variant conceptions of this class.->.
Sample Encounter: <-DM placement for NPCs of this class.->.
EL whatever: <-Encounter scenario and character info on sample NPC including stat block. The CR of the NPC is typically the same as the EL for the encounter.->.