Ashenborn (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Ashenborn don't differ a lot from humans. They are a bit more easily agitated and will act according to their emotions, which causes them to be somewhat unpredictable in social interactions.
Ashenborn are physically similar to their human cousins. They are generally taller than humans and both males and females have more exotic features, deeming them as "mystical" or "mysterious."
Ashenborn get along quite well with all races that humans gets along with due to being mistaken for humans often. Some human settlements, however, view the Ashenborn as freaks of nature.
Ashenborn tend to range from good to neutral with either lawful or chaotic alignments, depending on the character.
Generally, Ashenborn are found living in warmer climates or around volcanoes. In areas where humans view Ashenborn as freaks of nature, their villages tend to be hidden.
Ashenborn often follow religions that are rooted with deities connected to the elemental plane of fire, if they choose to worship at all.
Common and Infernal come naturally to Ashenborn. They are able to pick up other languages quickly to adapt to new areas.
Ashenborn names are taken from any and all languages that the parents know, though they are often based around the common tongue.
- +2 Constitution , +2 Strength, +2 Charisma and -4 Wisdom . Ashenborn are physically strong and fit due to the nature of their homelands. They are physically attractive, but they are not particularly wise.
- Humanoid (Human, Fire) As fire subtypes, Ashenborn are vulnerable to cold, which means that they take half again as much (+50%) damage as normal from cold, regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed or if the save is a success or failure. This applies to cold-based damage and cold-based spells.
- Medium: Ashenborn don't receive any bonuses to their AC or hide checks due to being Medium sized.
- Base land speed of an Ashenborn is 30 feet.
- Burning Form (Ex): All Ashenborn are able to engulf their bodies in flames; this destroys their armour and they lose all bonuses that armour gave. This also destroys any protective item the Ashenborn may have been carrying and anything on their person. The Ashenborn must have at least 1 HP to activate this skill. Unarmed attacks made by the Ashenborn in this form adds 1d4 fire damage; those grappling at this time take the 3d6 fire damage, no save.
- Heat Vision (Su): All Ashenborn are able to see heat sources move around during low light or heavy darkness. This effect does not work through magical darkness.
- Flash Fire (Ex): All Ashenborn are able to control flames to the point that they can cause the fires in the area to suddenly burst into a sea of flames. This can only be done if there are 5 to 10 sources of fire in the area and they must remained undisturbed.
- Immune to Fire (Su): Ashenborn cannot be harmed by damage related to fire or lava. While heat damage from lava cannot harm them, drowning while completely submerged in magma or lava is possible.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Infernal.
Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Any. To determine if a multiclassing Ashenborn takes an experience point penalty, the highest level class does not count.
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||60 years||80 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6’ 10”||+2d10||180 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||6’ 00”||+2d10||170 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|