Arcanii (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Arcanii act just as any other overly posh, arrogant, jerkhole would. They believe themsleves superior to all beings and... frankly they have the raw power to prove it, on the other hand they are addicted to magical energy to the point where they become total vampires without it's presence. All they feel is.... Hungry.
Arcanii appear as humans with overexaggerated good looks, but with fluorescent hair, colorful glowing eyes and a natural "Glow" to their skin, but when they've been deprived of magic they begin to become faded, warped, and dark.
They are friendly to all races, unless they are considered magical then they are just considered food. They ally themselves with blackhearts, due to their common hatred with all living things.
They are chaotic, due to the fact that they only seek magical energy like a horrible addiction.
They live inside the Astral sea on a plane known only as The Gate, it is a beutiful land filled with brightly shimmering plants, the sky is always in aurora, and arcane energy flowing through the air like water. The Gate was destroyed in a conquest from the nine hells and ever since then they have been forced to exist on the material plane, without their arcane source though they have only little to feed on mainly, the arcane energy inside every living thing... they hunger for it. Their only known allies is a race who shares a common hatred for all living things the Blackhearts.
Common, Draconic, Infernal, Abyssal, Celestial, Elven, Sylvan, Undercommon.
They have incredibley exotic and noble names like Alexander, Lazarus, Circe, and Morganthe.
- +6 Cha, +2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, −4 Wis, −4 Int: The Arcanii being a natural wellspring of arcane energy their body has grown to widthhold this massive amount of energy and has made them at their physical peak, but their addiction to arcane energy has made them reckless and illogical.
- Arcanii base land speed is 30 feet: They also have a fly speed of 90 feet, and good maneuverability
- Racial Hit Dice: Arcanii start with two levels of Outsider, granting them 2d8 HD, a Base Attack Bonus of +2, and saving throws of Fortitude +2, Reflex +2, and Will +2
- Ascended Form(Su): The Arcanii's natural magical energy grants them a Caster Level of 3 as if they were a Sorcerer of that level, and they gain a Natural Armor bonus equal to their Caster Level + Cha modifier. That and they may add their Cha modifier to one of their physical ability scores at character Creation.
- Arcane Convergence(Su): The Arcanii once per encounter may Anchor themselves to a location(Which can be done while flying, so yeah floating in air if need be) while they do so they begin to pull all the arcane energy within 120 ft. towards them. All creatures at the start and end of every turn(Even if it is not your own) and you are within range of this ability you will be pulled 5 ft. towrds him/her, if you are within 30 feet of him/her you will take 1d10 damage, 2d10 if within 15 ft and if you are adjacent to him/her you must make a Fortitude Save or take 1d6 Constitution Damage. The Arcanii may still cast spells while in this state, this state lasts 1d6 rounds.
- Arcane Singularity(Su): The Arcanii may unleash their magical energy in a large blast of energy, they may target one quare up to 30 feet away and for 3 turns that square will absorb arcane energy after 3 turns it will explode dealing 3d10 to all creatures within 10 feet of the origin including himself.
- Arcane Absorption(Su): The Arcanii's most dominate ability is the power to steal the arcane energy from all creatures. You may make as a standard action, a melee Touch Attack if successful your opponent takes 1d12 consitituin damage, and for every point of constitution damage dealt your Caster level increases by 1, if the creature was summoned by a spell or spell-like ability, or was created magically it kills them instantly.(like with raise dead, or summon monster, Etc.) And your Caster level raises by 10. If the target is a Spellcaster they may relenquish a number of spells per day equal to the difference between their Caster level and yours, if their's is higher they may make a DC 15 Will save to negate this if not they will lose Spells per day equal to the Difference between theirs and yours(Highest level spells first.)
- Arcane Hunger(Su): The Arcanii need a constant stream of arcane energy or they will begin to grow weak, if they have not successfully used "Arcane Absorption" in the past 2 turns, they will receive a −1 to all Ability Scores and will continue to do so until they have successfully used "Arcane Absorption". Also Dispel Magic and Antimagic field, deal 1 Constitution damage every turn they are affected by it.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Abyssal, Infernal, Draconic, Celestial, Elven, Sylvan, Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer or Warlock.
- Level Adjustment: +9
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|