Arashi no ōkami (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Arashi no ōkami
|“||We are watching. We do not feel sympathy. If we can get away with it, we do it.||”|
|—Kaminari no Ashi, Arashi no ōkami|
Arashi no ōkami are always ready for action. They strike quickly and then pull back. Legend has it that Arashi no ōkami live in the sky. Their sudden strikes put their prey in shock and then, unlike lighting, they strike many times. Their favorite activity is to chase birds in the clouds. Once fried to a crisp, they will eat the birds. They usually are Neutral Chaotic.
Being a wolf, they have a slender, powerfully built body with large, thick coat of golden fur that resembles lightning, deeply descending ribcages and sloping backs. They also have glowing white eyes and are about 5½ ft long and 2½ ft tall in size. Their tail is ⅔ the length of the head and body. They only weigh around 40 lbs.
Kuldifolk cannot get along well with intelligent birds.
Instinctively, Kuldifolk are almost always Neutral chaotic with Evil tendencies. They could care less for the rules and really just care about their own goals. Arashi no ōkami only really think of others as stepping stones.
Arashi no ōkami live in the clouds.
They really don't care much for religion, but admire gods with great control over thunder and lighting.
Canine (wolves, dogs, etc.), and their own language, which they only use members of their race, Thunder toungue. They also speak common.
Their names always consist of something about a storm and something about a wolf.
- +6 Dexterity, +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -1 Wisdom: Lighting fast with the power of thunder. Acts before thinking.
- Medium: Kuldifolk get no special bonuses for being a Medium creature.
- Kuldifolk base land speed is 100 feet (20 squares).
- Wolf Empathy (Ex): Communicate with wolves, winter wolves, and dire wolves, and +8 racial bonus on Charisma-based checks against wolves and dire wolves.
- Animal Empathy (Ex): Communicate with wolves, winter wolves, and dire wolves, and +4 racial bonus on Charisma-based checks against other animals that are not wolves.
- Trip (Ex): Arashi no ōkami that hits with a touch/melee attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+8 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the Kuldifolk.
- Low-Light Vision (Ex): Arashi no ōkami can see twice as far as a human can in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish detail under these conditions.
- Scent (Ex): Arashi no ōkami can detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell. They can identify familiar odors just as humans do familiar sights.
- Shocking Bite (Su): Arashi no ōkami in wolf form deals an extra 1d6 points of lightning damage every time it bites an opponent, as if its bite were a lightning weapon.
- Shocking Claw (Su): Arashi no ōkami in wolf form, after level 5, deal an extra 1d4 points of lightning damage every time it strikes an opponent, as if its claws were a lightning weapon. This can be activated or deactivated at will.
- Skills: Arashi no ōkami have a +1 racial bonus on Listen, and Spot checks. Arashi no ōkami have a +2 racial bonus on Hide checks. *Their natural coloration grants them a +7 racial bonus on Hide checks inside of clouds. Arashi no ōkami have a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks when tracking by scent. Fog cover does not add a Survival DC Modifier of +10 to Track.
- Natural Weapons: Arashi no ōkami have two primary claw attacks, each with a damage value of 1d6. They have a powerful Bite which does 1d8+1.
- Dexterous Jump: Arashi no ōkami Jump ability uses dex.
- Arashi no ōkami are immune to the effects of wind, sonic, and lightning
- Unusual Form: Armor fitted for creatures with human body types won't fit a Arashi no ōkami due to their wolf shape. Only exotic armor, specially crafted by an expert in animal armor can fit them (+~100% base price). If you can find that.
- Racial Feats: Alertness, Track
- Racial Disability: -6 on Move Silently checks
- All Fours: Does not take falling damage.
- Automatic Languages: Canine and Common. Bonus Languages: Celestial.
- Level Adjustment: LA +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|80 years||160 years||250 years||+4d20 years|