Anik, Takeshi Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Anik tend to keep to themselves, and don't meddle with other races. The Druid Anik only bother to when they are interacting with another Druid. Their hunters always carry a sling (or sling shot)and a Spear when they have to hunt. The Spear of the Aniks consists of a long wooden shaft with a "U" prong at both ends that are razor sharp. This Spear can be infused with an energy to give it an orange glow and more of and ability to cut through more dense material. An Aniks' diet consists of: Fruit, Magical Fruit, and Nectar. The only time when an Anik would eat meat is when he/she is hunting a Human. Aniks only hunt Humans when they have entered their nest and have been warned to leave.
Aniks have a circular head,eyes of a fly, mouth of a cross between a human mouth and 1ft long pincers on the sides, a grasshopper's torso 4 arms and 2 legs (like a grasshoppers but where the bent legs are they are lower on the abdomen) and usually stand 5-7 ft tall. They can wield weapons like humans, and have a wing span of 5-7 feet on one wing alone. Most Anik have four wings, but it is not uncommon to see one with two. They can be whatever color the Player wants them to be, including any other features. They breed like grasshoppers, and have 2 antennae on their heads. These antennae give the Anik a + 6 to their Perception checks.
Aniks are very territorial, and will only kill when necessary. When their Queen allows it, they expand their nest in every direction possible. Aniks will emit a buzzing sound from their heads when ready to attack, and when they gather in a gathering for their Queen.
Any, so long as they do not harm nature.
Aniks live in tropical forests, but can tera-form infertile land when given the Seed of Natural Re-Construction. this gives the Anik up to 1-2 thousand miles to live in, or have surrounding their nest.
Any Nature preserving god.
Common, Sylvan, Insect/Arachnid.
Names are given at birth, but name that are announced are tribal names. Birth names consist of: Flick, Buzz, Centrafera, Aniki, Coco, etc..., while tribal names are earned. Every 10 year old is given a taks as to prove his worth. Names given are based off of that childs profession. Hunters may have to hunt 5 boars or snakes, while Druids may have to recover an ancient nature rune, or turn a nearby village into a nature conservative one. Tribal names consist of: He-Who-Walks-With-Fire, Buzz Killington, Blackberry, Cloud Foot, Two-Bears High-Fiving, and so on.
- +4 Dexterity, -4 Charisma, +75% increment to fire damage. While nimble, Aniks are revolting bugs who scare most Humans and Humanoids alike. As an Insect-like race, they take heavy penalties to Fire based damage, and any Anik who learns to resist Fire must immediately share it with his brethren.
- Aniks are Medium sized creatures, and therefore do not gain size bonuses.
- Ankis'base land speed is 40 feet: Aniks may also fly 10 feet up to 80 squares per turn.
- Bug Sound: You emit a buzzing noise from your antennae whenever you enter combat. This warns enemies to back off, and reconcider their actions (this is a natural reflex).
- Acid Spit: Aniks can spit Acid from their mouths based on 2+ their level per day.If used for range, this will only travel 30 feet.
- Automatic Languages: Insect/Arachnid, Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Common
- Favored Class: Druids or Rangers.
- +6 to Perception checks
All Aniks age like Humans, but there are noticeable differences between the two races such as:
- Starting Age: 0 yrs (-4 Dex, -5 Con, -4 Str)
- Childhood: 1-10 yrs (-3 Con, -2 Str)
- Teen-aged Years: 11-19 yrs (-3 Con)
- Adulthood: 20-65 yrs (Starting stats)
- Middle-Aged: 66-78 yrs (-1 Int, -1 Dex, +1 Wis)
- Old Aged: 79-103 yrs (-2 Int, -2 Dex, +2 Wis)
- Venerable: 104-200 yrs (-3 Int, -3 Dex, +4 Wis)