Anakim (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
 History of the Anakim
The Anakim, known to Ancient Earth People as the 'Annunaki' (pr. "Ah-noo-nah-kee"), have a long and relevant history related to Earth's own ancient past. Anakim lore tells us that they trace their direct lineage to The Ancients, a serpentfolk race of super-intelligent spiritual creatures that possessed extradimensional extraordinary abilities, and which bestowed the knowledge of the ways of immortality to certain "gifted" races and cultures around the macrocosm.
No singular library of Anakim knowledge or racial history is known to exist, although rumors tell of an 'Akashic Record' of true Anakim History somewhere in the Umbral Realms. Most known records of Anakim history come from Earth Legends, in which they are featured as coming into direct contact with humans in many locations around the globe.
In the greater cosmos, Anakim are known to lead cults and cabals of Naga, Serpentfolk, Lizardfolk, and similar races, through mysterious and secretive means. Rogue leaders like this are rare to be found in common culture outside of the Niberuan Realm.
Niberuan Anakim are known to commonly traverse between the Earth Realm and the Niberuan Realms, as well as the planes that connect them and other related cosmological pathways. Anakim are esteemed planar travellers, often taking up professional skills and class-related abilities which give them the ability to more aptly and quickly transmit themselves between the planes.
 Physiology of the Anakim
The Anakim are most often tall and lithe, like upright snakes with legs and arms. Their features border between dragon-like and humanoid, with a tendency for some eccentricities due to their diverse natures. They breed well with humanoids, and have mastered the art of genetic manipulation as a cultural norm, in order to most efficiently keep their bloodline alive. Because of an intense, dynamic, neo-technological, and quasi-spiritual method of reproduction and genetic microevolution, the Anakim bloodline has undergone many changes for the better, making them one of the most resilient psionic races and Monstrous Humanoids in common existence.
Creatures with the Anakim template applied to them often gain reptilian features, lose large portions of body hair, feathers, and/or scales. They are often more culturally evolved compared to other typical members of the base creature, and have a tendency of being more charismatic and capable. Their drive can sometimes lead them to try things that most mortals only dream of. Because of this psychological state, as well as their Anakim Alacrity ability, they have a tendency of appearing to accomplish the impossible in dynamic and necessary situations which would require a hearty spirit.
As Anakim rise in age, they also rise in caste, making them more capable and beginning them on a spiritual path to immortality (Higher-caste Anakim rise automatically in Inath Caste & Level).
 Psychology and Society of the Anakim
The Anakim mentality can be described as a truly alien mindset. Because their culture has for eons existed in the folds between physical reality and thought-form, they are practically fearless compared to the common races. It is not that they are inherently evil or malign; simply un-human. They have a tendency to be able to rationalize almost action, reaction, or commonly unethical activity or thought with terrifyingly emotionless precision.
Anakim have incredibly long life-spans, thought to last many millenia, some lifespans even longer than the typical dragon's. Anakim are well known for prolonging this already near-immortal lifespan into even further levels of insanity by practicing ancient occult rites made to immortalize their souls in order to reincarnate upon death, exist outside of physical material reality, or other outlandishly intricate plan to continue on further than any physical being should ever possibly accomplish.
Anakim society spans many planes, in many realms (paracosms, or "Beaded Filaments"), and most notably in the Earth-Niberuan Realm dual cosmology system of Ancient Earth (known to the Sumerians as Tiamat). Niberuan Anakim of Tiamat claim that they followed the Great Beast to that realm in order to help her lay to rest until the Tiamatian Epicene. Anakim lore states that the Ancients ascended into physical reality in the Earth Realm in order to lay Tiamat's soul to rest in the Void by attaching it to the growing stone and elements of Earth's beginnings. When the foundation for her Great Sleep was prepared, she entered the vessel, and seceded from the world, withdrawing into a Divine Realm so humbling that her ragged body became the stones upon which we mortal Earth humans stand, walk, and sleep atop her bosom. Anakim claim that it was then that the destiny of Niberuan Anakim was laid in the Akashic Records, and in the eons following would come to pass the Greatest Collision in known Earth history; the planetary collision between Tiamat and one of the physical bodies in the Niberuan Brown Dwarf System known as the "Stones of Elohim", or the "Niberuan Terrestrials". This planetary mini-system exists in both the physical realm as well as the spiritual realm, as both an objective celestial body and a thought-form-locale created from the underlying Umbral structures created to immortalize their culture and world-mind.
Anakim are incredibly diverse, almost as much as humans, and typically align themselves to one Alignment extreme, and often with a more neutral perspective on the other axis (An Anakim is more likely to be Neutral Evil or Lawful Neutral than either True Neutral or Chaotic Good). This is because they have a difficult time not seeing things in extremes in one regard or the other, while being altruistically neutral in the other. Exceptions to this fact do occur,but rarely.
Anakim favor the Cleric Class. If you allow Psionics in your campaign, they prefer Psychic Warrior. If you allow Meldshaping (Magic of Incarnum), they favor Soulborn or a Variant Meldshaping Class known as a Soulrender (coming in 2008-09). If you utilize Tome of Magic classes and/or Prestige Classes, Anakim enjoy multiclassing at middle to high levels, and choose either Binder or Truenamer as their second class, attempting to niche-hone their skills in a Prestige Class / Guild before taking on large steps forward in Inath Levels to achieve spiritual, physical, and deific immortality through devoted training and practice with adventuring ('questing', or 'drifting'). Any Anakim of Trooper Caste or above, with 8 or more levels in any class, as well as 2 levels in any Prestige Class / Guild, and an Inath Level of Byrnah Level is given the title of 'Soul Drifter', which grants certain balanced social benefits within Anakim and related cultures.
Anakim know that other races exist in the Niberuan Realm. They do not, however, talk about them often. Mentioned races include the Titans, Rephaim, Nephilim, Seraphim, Elohim, Marru, Canidae, Igigi (Greys), Dragons and dragonfolk (Draconians), and others. No credible Earth history backs up these claims in totality, so mythologies abound. Igigi are recorded as being the drone-like servants of the Niberuan Anakim, and since artifacts back up this fact, it can be assumed that Earth humans have had contact with them during recorded history. The Igigi are commonly thought to mindless drones, but prophecies tell of a day when the Igigi shall rise from the bonds of their genetic disposition of drone-like behavior to supercede the Anakim's dominion over their kind. Anakim furtively deny this fact in all known instances. They claim it is the ravings of lunacy from a spiritually maddened Anakim who was 'given back to the Cosmos' at the end of his/her life, most likely meaning that the being's soul was not allowed to reincarnate into a new body - even if such actions truly proved the being had earned, wanted, or actively sought such a Path. Niberuan culture can be drastically unfair, dynamic, and extreme, as well as painfully harsh, such as in this case.
 Anakim Lairs
Anakim do not lair within the physical realms unless lacking the ability to leave their home plane (such as with Fledgling and some untrained Trooper Castes), but instead focus on their planar and spiritual capabilities to create a thought-form abode of their own within a small demiplane and/or a segment of the Umbral Energies of their choosing or destined Path.
Physical lairs of Fledgling Castes are often nursery-like, but with nearby facilities led by more powerful, aged, prominent, and/or eternal Anakim members to oversee their progression as they train, learn, and practice other-worldly travel through artificial means in order to learn the tricks discovered by the many generations preceding them.
 Knowledge of the Anakim
|Table:||Knowledge (Monster) / (Planes) / (Psionics)|
 Anakim (Creature Subtype)
- Psionic Subtype - All Anakim have inherent Psi-like abilities, and are therefore always considered to have the Psionic Subtype.
- Reptilian Subtype - All Anakim are Reptilian Monstrous Humanoids, and are therefore always considered to have the Reptilian Subtype for Monstrous Humanoids.
- AC racial bonus (Ex) - All Anakim gain a natural AC bonus, depending on their type, which is most often caste-based, and dependent on how many HD an Anakim Creature has (see table below).
- Natural Attacks - All Anakim have natural attacks, based on their HD (see table below).
|Anakim HD||Natural AC bonus||Bite||Claw||Slam||Tail||Base Land Speed||Swim Speed||Swim bonus (from tail)||Poison Fort DC (10+HD+Con)|
|2-5||3||1d4-2 (min. 1 - Str)||1d4 (Str)||1d4 (Str)||1d4 (Dex)||30 feet||15 feet||+2||13|
|6-9||4||1d6-2 (min. 1 - Str)||1d6 (Str)||1d6 (Str)||1d6 (Dex)||40 feet||20 feet||+4||18|
|10+||5||1d6-1 (min. 1 - Str)||1d6+1 (Str)||1d6+1 (Str)||1d6+1 (Dex)||40 feet||20 feet||+4||23|
- Prehensile Tail (Ex) - Anakim always take Multiattack as a first-level feat to improve the use of their secondary appendages, one of which grants them an advantage in many circumstances. They have a swim bonus depending on their HD because of their prehensile tails, as well as a swim speed (see table above. All Anakim are considered to have the Weapon Finesse feat when using their tails as unarmed attaks.
- Darkvision (Ex) - Anakim have Darkvision out to 60 feet, along with their normal sight.
- Hold Breath (Ex) - Anakim are not aquatic creatures, but they can hold their breath underwater for an exorbitant amount of time, at a number of rounds equal to three times their Constitution ability. After that time, Anakim are subject to the rules of drowning.
- Retractable claws (Ex) - Anakim have retractable claws that can attack with a slashing Claw attack or, in most cases, when retracted give a Slam attack. The two types of attacks cannot be used simultaneously, due to particular physical anatomy. An Anakim's appendages could not withstand the damage done to them while claws were extended if they also tried to make an unarmed strike against an opponent. An Anakim creature who attempts to strike someone with bludgeoning force must make a Fort save (DC 15) or suffer 1d4+1 damage to their digits or limbs. A failure on this save with a roll of a natural 1 suffers 1d2 Dex ability damage.
- Weapon Proficiencies - All anakim are proficient with all simple weapons and unarmed attacks, as well as the Sabre (Martial) and Chakram (Exotic). This is due to the fact that these weapons are commonly used on their native world, Niberu / Nibiru.
- Armor/Shield Proficiencies - All Anakim are proficient with light armor and shields, but are not required to wear or use them. Anakim are taught from an early age to accept that they must sometimes only rely on personal strength and tactics, instead of relying on the safety of armor or shields to help them.
- Anakim Poison Immunity (Ex) - All Anakim are immune to any form of Anakim poison. They also have a +2 resistance bonus to Fort saves made against other types of natural (non-magical) poisons. This physical characteristic comes from a long span of time that Anakim have purposefully developed their lineage through combat tournaments and forcing their kind to endure the poisons for the sake of eventually becoming immune to them. It worked, and has become a genetic characteristic since that era.
- Anakim Poison (Ex) - An Anakim subtype creature gains a type of poison that differs between different castes of Anakim beings. Fledglings have a lower save DC than Trooper, with Elite members being more powerful still. The save DC for an Anakim's poison is Con based, and equals 10 + an Anakim's HD + Con bonus.
- Psionics (Ps) - All Anakim have inherent Psi-like abilities. These most often come out in detecting magic, psionics, and poisons, though they can be more complex within the higher Anakim castes.
- Anakim Regeration (Su) - All Anakim have an inherent reptilian regereration ability, which is similar in many respects to typical Regeneration. All damage done by non-magical/psionic/sim. types other than specified energy and/or material substance types listed in their descriptions do only non-lethal damage to Anakim. HP healed by this ability depends on the Anakim's caste.
- Racial Skill bonuses - All Anakim receive the following bonuses to Skills:
- Decipher Script +1 = The Anakim lineage have been following the languages and scripts of many various worlds and races for eons, and thus have an inherent inkling for such concerns. Any Anakim can use this skill as a class skill.
- Hide +4 in woodland areas or underwater = Anakim skin has a tendency of sensing and relating the colors, textures and forms around it, and they blend in well in their native environments.
- Knowledge (Arcana, Planes, Religion) +1 = Anakim are taught from before they can speak about the cosmos and the ways of deeper understanding. This racial practice has gone on for eons, and thus these skills are considered class skills to Anakim.
- Special: Knowledge (Inath - Any one Energy Path) +2 = Any Anakim with 5 ranks and/or racial bonus skill points in all three Knowledge (Arcana, Planes, Religion) receive an inherent racial synergy to that individual's understanding of the ways of immortality. This chosen Knowledge (Inath (3.5e Variant Rule)) skill becomes a class skill for that individual Anakim.
- Listen and Spot +2 = Anakim have very good hearing and sight, making them very alert. (As the feat, Alertness)
- Swim (HD specific) = Anakim have prehensile tails that allow them to move more aptly underwater. At 2-5 HD, Fledgeling tails are not fully developed, and grant them a +2 racial bonus to Swim. Trooper Anakim or better receive a full +4 racial bonus from their prehensile tails which are fully developed.
- Anakim Racial Skills - Anakim receive the following Skills as racial class skills:
- Appraise, Balance, Climb, Decipher Script, Handle Animal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (Arcana, Planes, Religion, Inath (3.5e Variant Rule) - any one Energy Path), Listen, Search, Spot, Swim
- Swim (Ex) - All Anakim have a swim speed due to their prehensile tails. The racial bonus to Swim checks depends on the Anakim's caste, since lower caste individuals like Fledglings do not have fully-developed prehensile tails. Anakim can take the run action while swimming, provided they swim in a straight line.
- Bonus Racial Feat (Ex) - Anakim always take Multiattack as a first-level (HD) feat, focusing exclusively on honing the ability to manipulate their tails and all unarmed attacks as any other appendage. Anakim are considered to have Weapon Finesse when using their tails as unarmed attacks, even if they do not meet the prerequisites. Anakim of 6HD or more can choose Improved Trip as a feat, even if they do not meet the prerequisites.
- Summon Anakim (Sp) - Most Anakim (those of Trooper caste or above) can summon others of their kind. Frequency depends on caste, as well as the number of Anakim summoned. Anakim use this ability frugally, since summoned Anakim of higher caste can demand payment, retribution, or enforced slavery upon doing the job they were summoned for. Summoned Anakim return from where they came after a number of rounds equal to the summoning Anakim's HD+3, and cannot use their own summoning ability for one hour. Anakim of Elite Caste or higher who succeed on a Will save (DC = 10 + summoning Anakim's HD + Cha) can dismiss themselves back to where they were summoned from. An Ego Roll can be substituted for those Anakim with Inath (3.5e Variant Rule) Caste levels which provide this ability. This ability is made at a caster level equal to the Anakim's HD-2 (minimum of 1), and is a Cha-based spell-like ability.
- Improved Grab (Ex) - info
- Anakim Alacrity (Su) - info
|Anakim, Fledgling||Anakim, Trooper||Anakim, Elite|
|Size/Type:||Medium Monstrous Humanoid (Reptilian, Psionic, Anakim)||Large Monstrous Humanoid (Reptilian, Psionic, Anakim)||Large Monstrous Humanoid (Reptilian, Psionic, Anakim)|
|Hit Dice:||2d8+2 (9 hp)||6d8+12 (33 hp)||10d8+30 (65 hp)|
|Speed:||30 feet, 15 feet Swim||40 feet (60 feet with Anakim Alacrity), 20 feet Swim (30 feet with Anakim Alacrity)||40 feet (60 feet with Anakim Alacrity), 20 feet Swim (30 feet with Anakim Alacrity)|
|Armor Class:||15 (10+2Dex+3Nat), touch 12, flat-footed 13||16 (10+2LeatherArmor+2Dex+4Nat-1Siz), touch 11, flat-footed 14||20 (10+3MWStuddedLeatherArmor+3Dex+5Nat-1Siz), touch 13, flat-footed 17|
|Attack:||Claw +6 (1d4+2 dmg. +poison) OR Sabre +6 (1d8+2 dmg.) OR Slam +6 (1d4+2 dmg.); Tail +4 (1d4+2 dmg.)||Claw +6 (1d4+2 dmg. +poison) OR Sabre +6 (1d8+2 dmg.) OR Slam +6 (1d4+2 dmg.); Tail +4 (1d4+2 dmg.)||Claw +6 (1d4+2 dmg. +poison) OR Sabre +6 (1d8+2 dmg.) OR Slam +6 (1d4+2 dmg.); Tail +4 (1d4+2 dmg.)|
|Full Attack:||Claw +6 (1d4+2 dmg. +poison) OR Sabre +6 (1d8+2 dmg.) OR Slam +6 (1d4+2 dmg.); Claw +4 (1d4+2 dmg. +poison) OR Chakram +4 (1d4+2 dmg.) OR Slam +4 (1d4+2); Tail +4 (1d4+2 dmg.); Bite +2 (1d4 dmg. +poison)||—||Claw +6 (1d4+2 dmg. +poison) OR Sabre +6 (1d8+2 dmg.) OR Slam +6 (1d4+2 dmg.); Claw +4 (1d4+2 dmg. +poison) OR Chakram +4 (1d4+2 dmg.) OR Slam +4 (1d4+2); Tail +4 (1d4+2 dmg.); Bite +2 (1d4 dmg. +poison)|
|Space/Reach:||5 feet/5 feet||10 feet/10 feet (5 feet bite)||10 feet/10 feet (5 feet bite)|
|Special Attacks:||Prehensile Tail, Retractable Claws, Poison, Psionics||Prehensile Tail, Retractable Claws, Poison, Psionics, Improved Grab||Prehensile Tail, Retractable Claws, Poison, Psionics, Improved Grab|
|Special Qualities:||Darkvision, Hold Breath, Anakim Poison Immunity, Anakim Regeration 1||Darkvision, Hold Breath, Anakim Poison Immunity, Anakim Regeration 2, Anakim Alacrity, Summon Anakim||Darkvision, Hold Breath, Anakim Poison Immunity, Anakim Regeration 3, Anakim Alacrity, Summon Anakim|
|Saves:||Fort +1 (+3 vs. poisons), Ref +5, Will +4||Fort +4 (+6 vs. poisons), Ref +7, Will +7||Fort +6 (+8 vs. poisons), Ref +10, Will +11|
|Abilities:||Str 14, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 11||Str 16, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14||Str 18, Dex 17, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 15, Cha 14|
|Skills:||Appraise +2, Balance +3, Climb +3, Decipher Script +2, Handle Animal +1, Hide +2 (+6 in woodland areas or underwater), Jump +3, Knowledge (Arcana) +5, Knowledge (Planes) +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Listen +3, Search +2, Spot +3, Swim +4||Appraise +4, Balance +4, Climb +5 (+7 with Anakim Alacrity), Decipher Script +4, Handle Animal +4, Hide +3 (+7 in woodland areas or underwater),Jump +5 (+7 with Anakim Alacrity), Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (Planes) +8, Knowledge (Religion) +8, Knowledge (Inath (3.5e Variant Rule) - any one Energy Path) +6, Listen +4, Search (Int) +4, Spot +5, Swim +7||Appraise +7, Balance +7, Climb +8 (+10 with Anakim Alacrity), Decipher Script +7, Handle Animal +6, Hide +6 (+10 in woodland areas or underwater), Jump +8 (+10 with Anakim Alacrity), Knowledge (Arcana) +9, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Knowledge (Religion) +9, Knowledge (Inath (3.5e Variant Rule) - any one Energy Path) +7, Listen +6, Search +7, Spot +7, Swim +8|
|Feats:||Multiattack||Multiattack, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip||Multiattack, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Iron Will|
|Environment:||Any temperate, tropical, or aquatic||Any temperate, tropical, or aquatic||Any temperate, tropical, or aquatic|
|Organization:||Solitary or Pack (1d4+1)||Solitary, Pack (1d4+3), Exploring Party (1d2 Elite + 1d6 Trooper Anakim)||Solitary, Pack (1d4+1), Exploring Party (1d2 Elite + 1d6 Trooper Anakim)|
|Treasure:||standard||double standard||double standard|
|Alignment:||Often Neutral (40-50%), usually Chaotic, Lawful, Good, or Evil (50-80%)||Often Neutral (40-50%), usually Chaotic, Lawful, Good, or Evil (50-80%)||Often Neutral (40-50%), usually Chaotic, Lawful, Good, or Evil (50-80%)|
|Advancement:||3-5 HD (Medium)||7-9 HD (Large)||by Character Class (favored: Cleric)|
 Anakim, Fledgling
A slender, humanoid beast makes its way from the shadows, and the light glistens off its shiny scaled body. Colors move and form new patterns on its reptilian flesh. This lithe, serpentine creature is barely two decades old, and not as apt nor pervasive as its elder Anakim members. Its prehensile tail is not quite as long as it it is tall, being just under six feet long. The creature itself stands nearly seven feet tall, and looks at you with an intent and meaningful stare through its slitted, reflective eyes.
Anakim (or Annunaki, or Dragonfolk) are a race of reptilian humanoids whose world was blown away from its central star, and who survived the inter-galactic journey to arrive at Earth's Planetary System. They have a unique and complex culture and a rich history that includes multiple eons of evolution and cosmological journeying. Like Serpentfolk (Yuan-Ti), Anakim claim direct ancestry to The Ancients, a race that created a multi-dimensional empire and seeks to out-perform every other humanoid race. Anakim (which denotes both a singular and plural version of the race) are also called Annunaki, and that name is typically used to refer to them as a racial group, such we call humans "people". Dragonfolk is a term that originated from their myths of Dragons from around the cosmos, though they are in no way Draconic Creatures.
A Fledgling Anakim is the youngest of the Anakim racial Castes, and not fully developed. This creature is born from the breeding tanks that Anakim employ to create more of their kind, summoning a Divine Spark from the middle of the Vast to be born into a reptilian body. After 15-20 years, these Anakim have a total of 2HD, and are considered the lackeys of Niberu's Anakim culture. These medium-sized versions of the incredibly powerful, expansive, and affluent Anakim race are like children to their elders, and often are found doing the bidding of a more powerful Anakim leader or superior. It is often the commands of an Elite Anakim member that a Fledgling follows, having little time to do whatever they please.
Fledgling Anakim are created through an intensive process where their bodies are created from the elemental stuff of their homeworld, Niberu, and a Divine Spark is summoned to inherit the body, called the 'Carnal Temple' of the Material Realm. They are brought into existence directly from the place where all souls are born, and so never have any prior knowledge of previous lives or incarnations, no matter what spell or ability is used to find such information. Anakim employ this method of creation so that no Anakim can come back from the dead to potentially wreak havoc on the cosmos more than once. It also lends itself a certain evolutionary niche as well, since those Anakim who perish before they reach a point where they have control of their own soul and destiny are not allowed to come back, making the Anakim bloodline a powerful and "pure" lineage.
Special: Anakim Fledglings are considered to have the Inath (3.5e Variant Rule) Caste of Nadaath, meaning that they have an inherent Divine Spark which can grow and expand to fulfill their personal destinies. Anakim are allowed to ascend through Inath (3.5e Variant Rule) Caste Progression because of this racial inheritance.
- Poison (Ex)
- Init Dmg 1d4 Dex, Sec Dmg 1d4 Dex - OR - sleep - as spell; Fort DC 13 - 10+HD+Con
- Psionics (Ps)
- At will: detect poison; 3/day: detect magic, detect psionics (caster level 6th, saves are Int based)
- Immune to Anakim poisons (Ex)
- All creatures with the Anakim Subtype (link) are immune to any poison produced by another Anakim. Anakim also gain a +2 bonus to any Fort against a non-Anakim poison due to their high tolerance to poisons.
- Anakim Regeration 1 (Su)
- All damage done to an Anakim Fledgeling by non-magical/psionic/sim. is treated as non-lethal dmg. 1HP heals per round. Cold, acid and electricity do normal dmg. An Anakim regrows lost limbs in 1d4 days. Severed appendages cannot be reattached, but must be grown back.
 Anakim, Trooper
Anakim cannot gain additional levels of Anakim Regeneration without undergoing a changing process. At the beginning of the Trooper Caste ascension ceremony (known commonly as the "Ritual of Monadx-ido Gold". It allows them to gain an additional DR +1, but includes an inherent weakness to cold iron, while also granting them access to additional related psionic abilities in the Higher Caste.
Description of combat techniques
- stuff Su
- stuffystuffstuff Ps
Psionic additions to Fledgling Caste abilities
- Anakim Regeration 2 (Su)
- All damage done to an Anakim Trooper after their 'Rite of Monadx-ido Gold' by non-magical/psionic/sim. is treated as non-lethal dmg. 2HP heals per round. Cold, acid, electricity and weapons made of at least 50% cold iron do normal dmg. An Anakim regrows lost limbs in 1d4 days. Severed appendages cannot be reattached, but must be grown back.
 Anakim, Elite
Upon attaining Elite Caste, a Drifter must undergo a similar ritual to the one experienced during the transition from Fledgling to Trooper. Known commonly as the "Rite of the Shardilon", and involves having a shard of a certain type(s) of substance or material placed methodically inside the body, often near the heart, brain/skull, or another common 'chakra' of their body. Anakim have (___) chakras: (list = normal + soul + ancestral - polar chakra). This ceremony provides the Anakim being a further DR +1, and gains a weakness to Electrum and Brass physical weapons in addition to cold iron, and other stated energy types. The 'shard' placed in the Anakim body becomes the creature's second Affinity types when the entity next gains a new Affinity (the Anakim must take this Affinity, and cannot replace it for another, even if the 'shard' type was forced, coerced, or similarly placed without voluntary knowledge or a cooperative decision).
Psionic additions to Trooper Caste abilities
- Anakim Regeration 3 (Su)
- All damage done to an Anakim Elite after their 'Rite of the Shardilon' by non-magical/psionic/sim. is treated as non-lethal dmg. 3HP heals per round. Cold, acid, electricity and weapons made of at least 50% cold iron, electrum, or brass do normal dmg. An anakim regrows lost limbs in 1d4 days. Severed appendages cannot be reattached, but must be grown back.
 Advanced Anakim
Aelluona: Elite Caste + 12 dual-class levels, 3 Prestige Guild levels, Byrnah Inath Level F-Dom Hermaph NG Elohim-type Anakim Umbra Spark, Anakim Affinity (& ____) Talents - Seer / Diviner / Thaumateurge
Enki: Elite Caste + 14 triple-class levels, 5 Prestige Guild levels, Pyralis Inath level Male CN Coatl-type Anakim Permea Spark, Anakim Affinity (& ____ & ____) Talents - shapeshifting, psychometabolic, luck