Ambyr (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|A "race's compendium" race created by|
The Ambyr are a race of unicorn-like humanoids. They have equine heads with a predominant horn, a humanoid torso, hands with three large fingers, digitigrade legs and hoofed feet. They have pupil-less eyes that softly glow. They are naturally mystical creatures, and strongly tied to their alignment. You can tell the alignment of an Ambyr by his appearance. (And yes, if an Ambyr’s alignment changes, his appearance will too.)
 Ambyr Racial Traits
- +2 Wis, -2 Dex
- Medium Size
- Base Speed 30’
- Low-Light Vision
- Immune to charm and hold spells and effects
- +4 racial bonus to saves against spells or effects which alter alignment. If the spell or effect does not give a saving throw, the Ambyr gets a Will save, but without this +4 bonus.
- -2 racial penalty to Spot and Search. The glowing eyes of the Ambyr give them a greater range of night vision, but blur details.
- +2 racial bonus to Fortitude Saves against poison
- +2 racial bonus to Diplomacy and Intimidation
- +2 racial bonus on Wild Empathy checks.
- An Ambyr’s unarmed strikes count as magic for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.
- Ambyr spellcasters gain a bonus Domain based on their Ambyr racial feat. This Domain functions as per a Prestige Domain. (See Defenders of the Faith pg 77 for details.)
- Ambyr gain an Ambyr racial feat based on their alignment. This feat determines the Ambyr’s physical appearance as well as other racial qualities. Another individual can determine, to an extent, the alignment of an Ambyr from their physical appearance.
- Ambyr treat Sense Motive and Use Magic Device as class skills for all classes.
- Automatic Languages: Ambyr and Common. Bonus Languages: Sylvan, Elven, Celestial (White Ambyr Only), Abyssal (Black Ambyr Only), Infernal (Red Ambyr Only), Draconic (Gray Ambyr Only), Gnome, Gnoll, Espy
- Favored Class: Ambyr may take Druid as their favored class, or the favored class offered by their Ambyr racial feat. Ambyr who do not take Druid as their favored class risk loosing their favored class if their alignment changed.
- Ambyr would be allowed to take Gore as a feat to gain a natural attack with their horn when fighting unarmed.
(Important note: The LA +1 shown above was edited into the race by the maintainers of this site. Kkat, the author of the race, very strongly disapproves of the LA system, and instead suggests replacing it with the following mechanic:
Ambyr are somewhat more powerful than most other races of common folk. Ambyr characters start with 1,000 less experience points than other characters, signifying that early experiences are simply less challenging and thus less rewarding to overcome for Ambyr adventurers.)
 Ambyr Racial Feats