Ambiko (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|This page needs an image. If you are an artist, or know of any image that would fit this page, please upload a picture and add it.|
Ambikos maintain a rather human personality about them, though they tend to be trickier, more devious, or more aloof due to their unique gender issues and ability to alter themselves. As such they stray from lawful tenancies.
 Physical Description
From immediate outset, Ambikos are almost identical to humans in every way. Their eyes give them away, their pupils surrounded by a thin band in the iris which glows slightly in darkness, their skin is almost always very smooth at first appearance (but a closer look reveals tiny 'scales'), they tend to be gaunt and thin, long hair, and they are by large, genderless.
While an Ambiko can adopt a male or female mindset, their bodies are void of any defining organs. They only develop such features during mating periods, a process which takes a month to build up and alter the body's reproductive functionality in advance, and goes away after a month, save by pregnancy which lasts until 3 months post-birth.
Ambikos possess minor shapeshifting powers with Disguise Self, which can make them seem like a particular gender (a trick they use often to blend in with humans), but they are not actually that gender.
They do have a base original appearance, and while often they are in altered form, the differences are generally slight, either to mimic the appearance of gender or apply minor touches while keeping major features such as hair color or body type.
Ambikos blend in with other races, learning about them and picking up their traits. Traditionally, Ambiko travel out and live with others, then return to their homelands, bearing the knowledge and gifts of other races with them. As a result, Ambiko society itself is a potpourri of different heritages, even if everyone is indeed an Ambiko.
Any, with a straying from lawful.
Any, and likely every secretly.
Like their culture, religion is highly mixed. It's uncertain if the Ambiko ever had an original god or if they were all taken from the humans, elves, halflings, gnomes, etc...
Names are again, extremely mixed. They range from human names to rare and bizarre dialects for strange species. Several adopt many names simply for the purpose of addressing oneself to every race.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Charisma, −2 Constitution: Ambiko are sociable and able to fit in, but secretly frail regardless of outer appearance.
- Humanoid (Shapechanger): The Ambiko body is partially mutable.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Ambiko have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Ambiko base land speed is 30 ft.
- Low-Light Vision: An Ambiko can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. Shi retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Acquired Knowledge: An Ambiko gets a +3 racial bonus to any one single skill, chosen at time of creation.
- Disguise Self (Sp): An Ambiko may make a shift in appearance similar to the spell Disguise Self. The caster level is character level. This ability may be used 1/day for every 4 character levels (2/day at level 5, 3/day at level 9, , 4/day at level 13, to a maximum of 5/day at level 17). Unlike the actual spell, it lasts for 1 hour/level. Caster level is equal to ECL.
- Melting Pot: Speak Language is always a class skill for Ambikos.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Any.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||70 years||110 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Genderless||5' 1"||+2d10||100 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|