Alumaril (Two-Armed Variant) (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Alumaril are one of the most friendly and personable races. They love to help, to please, and to befriend, and can at times be a bit dependent or clingy. They're also a rather sensual race, always eager to set time aside for private pleasure with a friend. Most alumarils mean well, and almost all of them intend no harm, in spite of their rather striking and fearsome appearance. They love to learn things, and can ask a lot of questions at times. When happy or pleased, they sometimes give off this purring trill like a cat. Likewise, when angered, they have a tendency to growl and hiss at the source of their displeasure, even if it's inanimate.
Alumarils are partly descended from human stock, and this is reflected in their physique. They are only slightly taller than human men and women on average, and this added height can generally be attributed to their hooved legs. They have slight fangs, and pointed pink tongues. Their hair tends to be dark colors, but can be any such dark color - dark red, dark brown, dark blue, or even black. The skin of a alumaril is always a shade of red - the females tend to be brighter shades, and the males darker, muddier shades. Alumarils have black horns on their heads, and matching black hooves, and their fingers end in black nails. They have two arms, each as flexible and strong as a human arm of the same build. They have large, leathery wings on their back, capable of lifting them from the ground, but not moving them very fast. They have slitted, catlike eyes, that can be of varying shades of blue, green, yellow, orange, or purple. Their ears are slightly pointed, as with many humanoids, rather like reddish half-elf ears. The alumarils' demonic blood comes from purely female types of demons; thus males look and sound almost identical to females, apart from their darker skin, greater height, and longer horns. For their part, alumarils have absolutely no problem telling their males from their females - their scents are very different. They do use female terms - "she", "her", and such - to refer to both, though.
Most other races view alumarils with the suspicion that is really only natural. They look exceptionally demonic, after all. A few races, however, recognize the alumarils for what they really are - young souls, curious about their world, their bodies, and their feelings. Gnomes and halflings especially recognize the childlike temperments of the alumarils, and openly embrace them as friends.
Alumarils tend toward chaotic alignments most strongly, and good alignments secondly. Chaotic good is most common, followed by chaotic neutral, and then neutral good. Chaotic evil is still possible, less so lawful good, and rarely if ever true neutral or lawful neutral.
Alumarils can be found everywhere that there is civilization, and everywhere that there is solitude. Most love to learn, and this requires people to learn from. Generally, this means they stick near other races, and learn from them. A few, however, have learned to fear the races around them, and thus stay secretive, hiding in caverns or in deep forests and keeping to their own kind.
The alumarils worship a wide variety of deities, as varied as the diverse regions they inhabit. Some worship human deities, others worship elven or dwarven deities, a few even revere the orcish, gnomish, or halfling gods. As a young race, they're curious about the teachings of these divine figures. Alumarils will frequently stop to learn about a deity that they haven't heard of, even if this deity goes against their own moral leanings. Worshipping said deity is another matter entirely, but learning about them seems harmless enough to an alumaril.
All alumarils speak Common and Infernal at the very least. Common is necessary for speaking to other mortals, and Infernal is passed down from their distant heritage. Many learn Abyssal or Celestial to better speak with the mighty and wise outsiders; just as many will learn the languages of the Halflings and Gnomes to better socialize with these personable races who remind the alumarils of themselves in some ways.
Alumarils take feminine names as a rule, regardless of actual gender, and tend to use the names of the people around them. Human names are thus most common, followed by halfling, and then demonic names, and the cuter the name they find, the more likely they'll give it to their children. Alumarils are too young a race to have clans or family names, and as such choose their own last name. This tends to sound more like a title or alias than a name, however, as their youthful nature causes them to construct names from two words that they find either "cool" or, again, "cute".
Last Names: Shadowblast, Soulkisser, Sweetpea, Lovebird, Darkfallen, Blackslicer, Hotlips, Cherrypie
- +2 Charisma, -2 Dexterity: Alumarils are quite personable and pleasant to look upon, apart from their demonic traits, but they are clumsy on their hooves.
- Humanoid (Alumaril): Alumarils are an unusual breed, close enough to humanoids to count as them for all categorical purposes.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, alumarils have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Alumaril base land speed is 30 ft.
- Low-Light Vision: An alumaril can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Wings: Alumaril wings allow them to hover stationary in the air, or slowly fall at a speed at which they will not take falling damage. They can not fly, and their wings provide only a +5 racial bonus on Jump checks.
- Delicious Kiss (Su): An alumaril may use this ability when kissing a victim, or during any other act of passion. If the target is not willing to be kissed, the alumaril must start a grapple, which provokes an attack of opportunity. The victim is dazed for 1 round, and the alumaril is treated as though she has just consumed a good meal. The victim feels as though the experience was highly pleasurable, but is not under any supernatural compulsion to allow another kiss.
- -1 morale penalty to attack rolls, and a -2 morale penalty to damage rolls when fighting outsiders with the angel, archon, demon, devil, good, or evil subtypes. Alumarils hate to kill an agent of a good deity or plane, and their blows seem slower and weaker against them. Likewise, demons and devils remind them of their own history, and thus make them flinch when striking them.
- +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy checks. Alumarils are a highly charming people.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Infernal, and the regional language (if applicable). Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Celestial, Undercommon, Halfling, Gnome, Terran, Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass alumaril takes an experience point penalty, her highest-level class does not count.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|100 years||250 years||500 years||+5d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||90 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 7"||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|