Alteaevantae (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|This page needs an image. If you are an artist, or know of any image that would fit this page, please upload a picture and add it.|
Most alteaevantae tend to be withdrawn due to their empathic abilities. They flock to areas with crowds, due to their high levels of empathy they feel the emotions of those around them. However, their own weaker emotions are often overrun.
They rarely allow others into their homes, for such places are sanctuaries for them and don't like to risk having others imprint their homes with emotional resonances. Alteaevantae are attuned to emotional resonances left in locations and can discern powerful emotions and feelings.
Once an Alteaevantae has decided that someone is a friend they will never abandon them no matter what happens, or what those friends become.
Their height ranges from 6' 2" to 8' tall, with females often being slightly shorter. Alteaevantae are about half as light as they look, being partly composed of energies. Their skin color is the normal hue for a member of their parent race. Alteaevantaes eyes also change with age. The iris will slowly begin to gain a film much like that of oil on water and become cat-like after puberty.
The corneas of their eyes are black. These eye's are integral in perceiving emotional resonances in an area, a skill they develop with age and experience. However, such a skill is not without its dangers, as an alteaevantaes must take care not to get wrapped up in the senses of others long past.
Their hair, often worn long, is white at birth and begins to change colors depending on the emotions of those around them after puberty. Finger and toenails are black. At puberty, these nails, much tougher than most nails, can be protracted and retracted.
They stop aging at adulthood and eternally if they are not killed or decide to disappear from the Material Plane. Some alteaevantae will cease to exist or go back to where they came from if the emotions of others finally overwhelm them.
While in vaporous form, they appear as a vaguely humanoid cloud or ghost.
They are usually wary of everyone and will avoid those with extreme emotions. Once an alteaevantae has been given a chance to see the intentions of others, they will lend their trust. Alteaevantae are extremely loyal and would die for those they trust.
Almost allways chaotic neutral, but with good tendencies.
The alteaevantae have no true homeland.
The alteaevantae fail to follow any religions.
None but common.
- +2 Dexterity, +4 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, -6Strength>: <the Alteaevantade are highly inteligent, but due to their incorpreal nature they have very low strength.
- Outsider (Native): Their body is from the Material Plane but their soul is from another plane.
- Base land speed is 40': can fly at their base land speed.
- Transfer Emotion (Su): At anytime an alteaevantae contacts another creature, he must make a Will save DC 10 + creature's HD + creature's Charisma modifier or suddenly feel the emotions of that creature as well as the attitude of that creature as with the empathy power. This ability cannot be suppressed.
- Detect Emotion (Su): Alteaevantaes constantly detects the emotions of all creatures within 60 feet, much like the empathy power. He gains a +4 insight bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, or Sense Motive checks against targets within 30 feet. to a lesser degree he also detects the emotions of creatures up to 120'
- Detect Residual Emotion (Su): they can sense if strong emotions happened within 30 of an area as much as 1 day/HD later. This otherwise functions as Detect Emotion.
- Choose to Remain (Su): When an alteaevantae is dropped to -10 HP or lower, he may choose to instead transform into a gaseous vapor. His HP are restored to 1 HP per HD above 0. Apply the other changes as below. This choice must be made as soon as his HP drop to -10. after one week he is restored to his physical body.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|