Alouettians (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|This page needs an image. If you are an artist, or know of any image that would fit this page, please upload a picture and add it.|
The race is a cross between many types of avians and humans, done by a crazy wizard who then released them all into the wild and they managed to survive and multiply.
The Alouettians are often found in groups that are roaming the land for a home. However there are some that wander alone, these are the ones that are most likely to join in on an adventure, as they are social creatures. Often times the Alouettians will gather together and just sit with each other because they crave company so much. They are also a highly proud race. Alouettians believe that their ancestors escape from the wizard was an act of incredible bravery and cunning. They will often brag about their ancestors. Alouettians follow a code of honor that is taught to them when they are children. Each sub-types has a slightly different code, but they all follow the basic principles; be kind to nature, respect your ancestors, be kind to those who are weak and protect your own. Alouettians also are protective of their many-colored feathers, if one ever gives their feathers to another, it is either a sign of great friendship or love. The Alouettian feathers are also greatly desired for arrows and hats, so some less fortunate Alouettians make money by selling their feathers.
 Physical Description
The Nocturnal, the Predatory, and the Song types.
They are classified by the type of feathers they have in their wings. the sub-types will only have feathers from birds that go along with their type.
Other then the wings which are twice as long as the Alouettian is tall, the race look like normal humans. The Nocturnal also are completely blind in the daytime.
Because of the social nature of Alouettians, they tend to get along with every other race, equally.
They can be of any alignment. Though they tend to be neutral.
They enjoy living in any sort of place as long as they aren't alone. The nocturnal types are also fond of dark places.
Religions are greatly varied. They have traveled many places and have diverse opinions.
Names are given by the parents and are greatly varied in they way they sound.
 Racial Traits
Humanoid (Avian) Subtypes
- Size: Medium
- Alouettian's have low-light vision, due to a carefully tailored set of birds in their creation, allowing them to see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, or similar conditions of poor illumination
- Base Land Speed: 30 ft.
- Flight (Ex) Alouettians all have wings, allowing the ability of flight. 40 ft. (Perfect Maneuverability)
Nocturnal: Containing feathers from Owls, Nightjars, and Tawny Frogmouths birds
- +2 Dex -2 Str Alouettians of the Nocturnal subtype are very agile, but lack the strength of larger predators
- Nocturnal Alouettians gain Blindsense as an ability
- +2 to Move Silently checks: As expected Nocturnal Alouettians are very silent in flight and movement
- Favored Class Rogue, Wizard
Predator: Containing feathers from Nighthawks, Falcons, and Hooded Pitohuis
- +2 Str -2 Wis Alouettians of the Predator subtype are strong and capable, but see no purpose in deep thinking
- Predator Alouettians gain talons that inflict 1d4 damage
- Neurotoxin: A Predator Alouettian can secrete a crippling Neurotoxin (1/day) gaining an additional use at Lv. 4 and every fourth level beyond that up to 5/day at Lv 20. A successful Melee attacks against an enemy using Neurotoxin inflicts an extra 1d4 STR damage. The target also takes an additional 1d6 STR damage three turns later.
- +2 Search checks: Predators have keen vision
- Favored Class Rogue, Fighter
Songbirds: Containing feathers from Nightingales, Starlings and Whip-poor-will birds
- +2 Cha -2 Con Alouettians of the Songbird subtype are graceful but lack stamina
- Songbird Alouettians gain Shriek of Terror as an ability
- +2 to Diplomacy checks: Songbirds do well with people
- Shriek of Terror (Ex) Every so often a Alouettian can release a surprising shriek which terrifies the enemy, causing them to be stunned for 2 rounds (Will save). This ability is a standard action that can be used 2/a Day. Songbird Alouettians gain an extra use of this ability every 3rd level. (3rd, 6th, 9th, etc.)
Favored Class Rogue, Bard
 Vital Statistics
|15 years||+ 1d10||+ 1d10 + 1d6||+2d10|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|60 years||90 years||110 years||+180 years|