Alicorn (MLP FIM based race for 3.5e)
From D&D Wiki
|This page needs an image. If you are an artist, or know of any image that would fit this page, please upload a picture and add it.|
Alicorns are distant but kind. They have trouble understanding the threat imparted by anything without magic, but the less sensible of them immediately take action when a friend or acquaintance is hurt. No Alicorn is beyond negative emotions, but they enjoy positive ones much more.
 Physical Description
An alicorn is slightly larger than a horse, with a single horn jutting from their forehead, and two majestic wings sprouting from their back. They are thought to be capable of being any colour, and of bearing a mane linked to their signature magic, but are so rarely seen that it is hard to tell.
Alicorns know of few other races. They are confused by humanoids, but the other pony species are like children to them, while most know of Draconequi and know the good ones to be some of the greatest companions they can ever have. Because of where many live, they often befriend local fey or elementals too.
All alicorns are good, but take any other alignment. Those that are close to draconequi tend to be chaotic good.
Alicorns live in isolated groves and fields on the Material Plane, but occasionally some may live with draconequi in other planes, and a few towns have been blessed with the watchful eye of an Alicorn over the years.
Alicorns do not usually worship. Some may however worship Obad-Hai, Boccob, Ehlonna, or occasionally offer up a prayer to their matriarchal god Celestia or her sister Luna. These alicorns are very rare.
Alicorns speak Common or Sylvan normally, but can speak the pony languages and a handful of others.
Alicorns choose a name based on what they think is most important when young. (For example, the god Luna valued the night sky and beauty)
 Racial Traits
- +4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +6 Wisdom, +4 Charisma: Alicorns are not as smart as Unicorns, or durable as Earth Ponies, or fast as Pegasi, but they have all the best traits of all three.
- Magical Beast
- Large: Alicorns have a -4 penalty on Hide checks and -2 AC.
- Alicorn base land speed is 70 feet: They also have a fly speed of 140 feet (Good Manuverability).
- Little Piece of God: An alicorn does not age, nor does it need to eat or drink. However it must sleep and breathe.
- Magical Mane: An alicorn can use its mane to affect another creature as under an Entangle spell, or to engage in a grapple. This secondary grapple uses concentration rather than strength.
- An alicorn may move objects with its natural magic of weight up to the Light Load category of a human twice its strength.
- An alicorn has natural spells that it gains as according to the rules presented on the Unicorn Race for D&D 3.5e page, however the wisdom modifier is used instead of intelligence modifier.
- Kind to All: An alicorn can cast Detect Evil at will, but has a -6 modifier on all rolls made to influence another that it has not confirmed is evil (Bluff, Sense motive, Intimidate). If the creature is not evil, the modifier remains.
- Nice Pony: An Alicorn has a natural Gore attack using its horn with the following characteristics. 1d6 damage, 19-20 X2 Critical, Piercing.
- Automatic Languages: Common, and any one of: Sylvan, Earth Pony, Unicorn or Celestial. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level Adjustment: +7
 Vital Statistics
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 8"||+3d10||130 lb.||× (4d6) lb.|
|Female||6' 5"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (3d6) lb.|