Aigis (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Aigis are creatures that become activated, not born into the world. As such prior memories are lost, with the exception of the skills and knowledge that were obtained prior to activation. It may take certain and unnatural affection to it's "target" and become attached such as that of a body guard. It will utilize itself to the best of it's ability to see that it's "target". This "target" is almost like a lover or creator to Aigis and may be causes by similar appearances of an unbeknownst memory or the first person they see. A soul is unknown to be inside them, as such magic used to create these beings have long since been lost and their very nature indeterminable. The Aigis lacks the ability to maintain a normal conversation, constantly focused efficiency and the ability for the team to perform. At times glitches seem to happen with the flow of the Aigis and nearly human like emotions are revealed. The reasoning or timing is of unknown origin. ->
 Physical Description
Unlike most constructs, the Aigis is a specialized unit that resembles a race flawlessly in nearly every way. Beneath the skin toned metal of this sentient construct lies networks of tubes that run power throughout it's body much like a human uses blood. The Aigis resembles a single race, but due to the scarcity of the info. recorded of it's creation, it is fair to say that the possibilities are endless. Usually depicting a beautiful woman or handsome man of it's Racial Identity. The Aigis has the ability to attach tools and weapons to the power that runs through her, allowing hidden weapons to be revealed suddenly. A peaceful woman could have weapons hidden inside her, such as a blade folding out of her arm, or that very arm opening to two strong poles that would form a bow. The Aigis is combat ready at all times with these weapons. Inside the chest contains a small cavity for important items to be stored inside, believed to be symbolic of the human heart. The choice and style of combat is as variant as the human race. Tools purchased regularly can be crafted into the Aigis for easier use (GM's permission of course, as everything). Aigis activate without clothing, but the outer layer does not appear as a naked being but as a race wearing a tight suit with nearly unnoticable lines running across the entire body. Height, weight, and skin changes with the appropriate appointed race. As with any features given in a background story.
Aigis are what we would call socially awkward. Though human like in almost every way, their ability to converse casually lacks highly. They are constantly looking to upgrade themselves, and protect their "target" and help them in anyway that they lack the curiousity that a regular sentient being would have. This lack of "feelings" in a construct would seem normal for a being of their type, but most people are unnerved due to their own lack of knowledge of the Aigis and it's construct like character.
This race has no prior relations known. The knowledge of such is believed to still be inside, but after such a long time between activation, it has been stored somewhere far away. A background story can still be created for Aigis that goes before activation, with consent of GM and the flow of the story, but knowledge gained prior to activation is unknown to the Aigis without a trigger. Therefore if a being did recognized an Aigis, or the specific Aigis before activation, the player will not have knowledge of the person.-->
All Aigis are True Neutral but are able to shift to their target's alignment. -->
Hot and cold temperatures cause by the nature of the land have no effect except in OP mode. The Aigis simply wonder about until a target is acquired. -->
A god may smile upon an awakened Aigis and intervene if appropriate but otherwise no religion is allowed for an Aigis. -->
The Aigis has no actual language. They possess a nearly infinite amount of capacity to learn any languages as a bonus language and retain their Racial Identity languages as starting languages
 Racial Traits
- +2 Any Stat, +4 Constitution, -4 Charisma
- Racial Identity: The Size, Land Speed, and Weapon Familiarization are determined by the race the Aigis is depicting. Weight is to be adjusted much more heavily due to the Aigis being a being of metal instead of flesh.
- Skills: All Aigis receive the craft skill Upgrade with a natural +6 due to having full knowledge of how their bodies work. Upgrade can be used to repair one's self or implement a new weapon or shield inside the Aigis. One set of equipment can be equiped into an Aigis. When Upgrade reaches 7th rank, and ever 7th rank afterwards, an additional weapon may be implemented into the Aigis and called upon. Additionally, each limb may contain one tool each medium size or two of small sizes.
- Implemented Weapons: The Aigis can call upon these as if the Quick Draw feat was used. Only applies to the embedded equipment inside the Aigis.
- Immunity: Memory Alternating spells, Fear, and
- Natural Defense: The Aegis's tough outer metal skin allows for a natural armor bonus depending on the material the Aegis was crafted as. When discussing the wearing of armor, the Aigis does not don an armor but instead has it built to replace parts of her outer self, then uses her crafts to have them match a natural skin tone or seem to be equipped as a normal person would have.
- Construct-like: Does not need to eat nor drink, but potions will still cause effects as if a non-construct had taken it. Healing spells heal the Aigis at a -2 to caster level. The Aigis is able to repair itself using now raw materials at an accelerated rate. Aigis heal at their Upgrade skill bonus + level every 15 minutes of concentrated work and at skill bonus during combat with successful skill check and a standard Action. Sleep is require for a 4 hour period in which the Aigis's life signs become indeterminable but can be awakened in one standard action at a stimulus.
- OP Mode: Functions are very similar to the Barbarians Class skill Rage. Aegis can redirect their life force to survive situations that require drastic power. Starting at 1st level, an Aegis can enter OP Mode as a Swift Action for a number of rounds per day equal to 4 + 1/2 Constitution modifier. At each 4th level after 1st, an Aigis can enter OP Mode for 3 additional rounds. Temporary increases to Constitution, such as those gained from OP Mode and spells like bear's endurance, do not increase the total number of rounds that an Aigis can activate OP Mode per day. The total number of rounds of rage per day is renewed after resting for 4 hours, although these hours do not need to be consecutive. Before creation, a play must pick a type of OP Mode, an Aigis either gains a +4 bonus to Strength and Constitution, or Dexterity and Constitution as well as a +2 morale bonus on Fortitude saves. Upon activation, the Aigis opens the outer shell exposing softer metals and a direct line to it's power source. This causes a -3 to AC. The increase to Constitution grants the Aigis 2 hit points per Hit Dice, but these disappear when the mode ends and are not lost first like temporary hit points. While in rage, the Aigis cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration. After the mode ends, the Aigis is fatigued and recovers in 4 hours.
- Overheat: After 5 consecutive rounds of OP Mode, the Aigis becomes red hot and it's body and weapons come under an effect similar to Burning Disarm. (A creature holding the item may attempt a Reflex save to drop it and take no damage (even if it is not their turn), otherwise the hot metal deals 1d4 points of fire damage per . Circumstances that prevent the creature from dropping the item (such as a locked gauntlet) mean the creature gets no saving throw. The heat does not harm the item, and it does not get hot enough or last long enough to ignite flammable objects. The item cools to its previous temperature almost instantly. If cast underwater, burning disarm deals half damage and boils the surrounding water). Every addition 2 rounds increase the damage by another D4. In a extremely hot enviroment this affect happens 3 rounds quicker and in an extremely cold enviroment it takes 3 rounds longer to activate.
 Vital Statistics
The Aigis is ageless as far as the world knows, Racial Identity determines all other factors of the character.